PDA

View Full Version : StreamToMe vs Zumocast for music

sotie
Jan 25, 2011, 01:36 PM
I welcome your comparisons between StreamToMe and Zumocast for music streaming over wifi and 3g. I'm not interested in the video aspect of these apps as I'm very satisfied with AirVideo.

I've been using Zumocast for a couple of months now and have been pretty happy with it over both wifi and 3g. I'm curious about StreamToMe but am hesitant to try it out. One thing I don't really care for with zumocast is music doesn't automatically start again after a call is received/ended.

Please share you comments. Thanks!

purplesaber
Jan 25, 2011, 02:35 PM
I tried both, but the best app for streaming music (in my opinion) is Audiogalaxy. Nice UI and very stable over wifi and 3G. Try it out -- it's free.

1984world
Jan 25, 2011, 04:31 PM
You could also try VideoStream or Mecanto....:)

sotie
Jan 26, 2011, 08:05 AM
I tried both, but the best app for streaming music (in my opinion) is Audiogalaxy. Nice UI and very stable over wifi and 3G. Try it out -- it's free.

Thanks. I tried Audiogalaxy and you're right the UI is very nice. However, itunes playlists integration is really bad. If you have more than one version of a song with the same title by the same artist it doesn't always import the right version into the playlist. I wrote about it on their help forum and was told that "this won't be fixed in any reasonable amount of time".