PDA

View Full Version : Making sense of the iAd performance chart

j-a-x
Jan 25, 2011, 06:43 PM
When I log into my iTunes Connect account and look at my iAd performance and click on "requests" and set the date range to "today" to see how many adds have been requested today, this is what I see.

There's a dark grey area I think representing the time up to now. It was about 6:30 when I took that screenshot CST which means it is 4:30 PST so I think the boundary between dark and light grey is showing the current time in PST.

However, I can't figure out what the light grey area means. Is that projected ad stats for the future? I thought it might be an overlay showing me yesterday's data at the same time but it can't be because yesterday's request rate was higher at the end of the day.

If anybody could explain this to me I would appreciate it.

j-a-x
Jan 30, 2011, 05:05 PM
In case anybody finds this thread and they are interested in the answer to this question, I got this response on the Apple developer forums:

It's really strange. Took me a while to figure out what is going on. The hours shown at the bottom are GMT. The difference between dark and light gray is based on your local time. When you choose "today" it is your "today". Since you did this at 6:30pm CST it was already past midnight GMT time. This is why the whole graph is filled. There is no guessing going on. If, at 6:30pm CST you had chosen "1 day" and selected your "tomorrow's date" you would have seen activity for 12am the next day.

Just think in GMT terms for both date and time and it makes sense. The difference in gray is just showing when you are locally.