Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rscott505

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
I have the base macbook air but with 128 GB, and while I am pretty happy with its performance, my daughter is in love with it. I am tempted to give it to her, but one of her favorite programs is Garageband.

I don't know how to use Garageband, so I can't test it. So I'm curious to know if anyone else with the 2GB RAM and the 1.4 GHz macbook air uses garageband, and how they would rate the performance.

Thanks in advance.

DudeMartin

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

rscott505 said:
I have the base macbook air but with 128 GB, and while I am pretty happy with its performance, my daughter is in love with it. I am tempted to give it to her, but one of her favorite programs is Garageband.

I don't know how to use Garageband, so I can't test it. So I'm curious to know if anyone else with the 2GB RAM and the 1.4 GHz macbook air uses garageband, and how they would rate the performance.

Thanks in advance.

I've never used it on that exact device, but if it's preloaded with computer, it must run well.

rscott505

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've never used it on that exact device, but if it's preloaded with computer, it must run well.

So no one with actual experience on this. As for the above, I don't know if I completely agree. iPhoto 09 is preloaded with the computer, and although I do really enjoy using the computer, it is a bit sluggish when editing the photos. So I'm not sure if garageband is more processor intensive (if that is the right phrase) and therefore, doesn't run as well with 2GB RAM and the 1.4 GHz processor.

Thanks to anyone with experience on this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.