Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masterjedi73

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
My g5 wont turn on after a power failure. I get nothing. No clicks lights etc...ideas?

Nameci

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2010
The Philippines...
Have you ticked the option in syspref -> energy saver? if you have then try to repair permissions, if still the same the culprit maybe is your power supply... imho

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
My g5 wont turn on after a power failure. I get nothing. No clicks lights etc...ideas?

Okay, looks like something inside is dead, if the fans turn on then its harder, if they dont, you have a busted Power Supply.

Have you ticked the option in syspref -> energy saver? if you have then try to repair permissions, if still the same the culprit maybe is your power supply... imho

I think the OP means theyve had a Power Outage and now their G5 is refusing to boot - not the failure of the auto-boot option in system preferences.

masterjedi73

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
Thanks guys. As it turns out, the power in my building (school) was not completely back yet and even though the Dell had enough power, the G5 didn't. As soon as complete power was restored, it booted right up.

Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.