Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
wasn't in my software update yesterday... so not sure why that is... but others seem to have it.

arn

frogmella

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2002
Disappointed

Appeared on one Mac but not the other.

Also, hasn't fixed the 'slideshow fading to black then hanging' bug. On my iMac G3, anyway.

andysmith

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2004
West Mids, UK
Yep, it's in my software update. Hope it fixes the 'photo book' crash...

Edit: It seems to have done :):) plus it feels quite a lot faster now.

mslifkin

macrumors regular
May 14, 2004
New Jersey
arn said:
wasn't in my software update yesterday... so not sure why that is... but others seem to have it.

arn
If you upgraded from iPhoto 04 you need to temporarily remove the iPhoto packages from /Library/Receipts, then run Software Update again. Then you'll see the iPhoto 5.01 update. Put the old packages back after the update.

Regards,
Marc

mikeyrogers

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2004
Santa Monica, CA
mslifkin said:
If you upgraded from iPhoto 04 you need to temporarily remove the iPhoto packages from /Library/Receipts, then run Software Update again. Then you'll see the iPhoto 5.01 update. Put the old packages back after the update.

Regards,
Marc

I upgraded from iPhoto '04 and didn't have to do any such thing. I got the 5.0.1 update early on yesterday. BTW, what are receipts?

SkAlex

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2004
Yeah... I was getting a couple crashes while working on some books in iphoto 5. I've been trying to replicate this same situations after the update and have not had a crash yet...

itsa

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2004
Now if we can get them to update this iwork!
I had to go back to using 1.1.1 in keynotes.

Carlos Messer

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2005
Too Little Too Late

I don't think this update helps the hundreds/thousands of people like me who upgraded from iphoto 4 and lost all their libraries. The update doesn't do much to relieve the frustration of spending hours to track down possible fixes on various forums, deleting versions of iphoto, reinstalling, etc. It's really uncool of Apple to have released a beta product under the name iphoto 5, and then use the faithful as guinea pigs.

jdawg4324

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2005
Turlock CA
update

It sure was not long for them to make an update. I hope apple does not turn into MS and start turning out ***** software that needs to be updated like 3 times a day to run.

ZildjianKX

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2003
Still has the same bug if you do a quicktime export from the files/webpage/quicktime screen, it won't include music with the movie... :(

mslifkin

macrumors regular
May 14, 2004
New Jersey
mikeyrogers said:
I upgraded from iPhoto '04 and didn't have to do any such thing. I got the 5.0.1 update early on yesterday. BTW, what are receipts?

I guess when an application installs it can leave a package in the Receipts directory as a "marker" that the software was installed. I'm sure others on this forum can explain it better than I just did.

Regards,
Marc

Porchland

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2004
Georgia
I'm still getting crashes importing video into iMovie, but it always generates a message to send to Apple. I'm sure they'll get around to it. Anyone else still experiencing that?

Slightly off the topic, I can't think of a feature that's not availbale in iPhoto, iMovie or iDVD that wasn't covered in the iLife '05 upgrade. I would, though, DESPERATELY like heiarchical playlists in iTunes. My playlists have gotten totally out of control.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
This shows that Apple is listening to customers with problems. Apple is just responding quickly to fix bugs. Quality assurance is important.

ASP272

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2004
Nashville, TN
I upgraded from iphoto 4 and didn't have any problems, but did notice some bugs in the new version. Hopefully this update will fix those.

Montserrat

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2004
UK
Haven't had any problems since upgrading from iPhoto 2 to iPhoto 5 (Damn it feels good to be up to date again!), nothing seems to make it crash and it behaves impeccably with my ****** little movies! Not sure whether I will use this update (if it ain't broke...), but there's one post saying that it feels snappier after the update and that's usually enough bait to get me to take the hook... :)

bpd115

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2003
Pennsylvania
Offtopic, a great update for iTunes would be to grab album art and ID3 tag info for a song like *ICK* MusicMatch Jukebox does.

reykjavik

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2004
RAW in iPohoto 5

Maybe there is something I dont understand about digital phgotography, but if RAW is a mere file format, then why does iPhoto only take RAW from specific cameras? wouldn't that technically be the same as only importing jpg's from only specific cameras?? RAw is RAW is RAW, why should it matter what camera youre using??? (or am I totally wrong here?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.