PDA

View Full Version : apple tv + slingbox =???

antok86
Jan 26, 2011, 05:01 PM
will the current gen apple tv allow you to view your slingbox?

posnera
Jan 26, 2011, 06:04 PM
will the current gen apple tv allow you to view your slingbox?

Not as far as I know. The slingplayer iOS app uses a different video format which I don't think will work with Airplay.

Someone who knows better, please tell me I'm wrong, I'd love to get slingbox up on my Apple TV.

Uabcar
Jan 28, 2011, 09:04 PM
I'm really hoping to be able access my slingbox via atv.

I think (hope) one of two things happens- either an iOS update in the future will enable downloading of apps onto atv. One big issue here, at least as I understand it, is that the atv has limited on board storage- which is intended for buffering. Perhaps a v.2 version will have more memory.

The alternative is an updated version of the iphones/ipads slingplayer app that supports video over airplay. Given Slings track record with prior updates, if this is even possible (no system/OS constraints etc.), we could expect and update in 2015.

tippman
Apr 18, 2011, 03:41 PM
Bump

Uofmtiger
Apr 18, 2011, 04:10 PM
Eyetv has the ability to do it now, so I would expect that it is possible for Sling. As was mentioned, Sling is terribly slow to add updates, so it could be a while before we see it.

TheBaconKing
Apr 18, 2011, 08:30 PM
Eyetv has the ability to do it now, so I would expect that it is possible for Sling. As was mentioned, Sling is terribly slow to add updates, so it could be a while before we see it.

And when they do finally update they require you to buy the latest slingbox to use the apps..