Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarximusMG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
Denver
Any Black Ops gamers here? Who's downloading the First Strike map pack on February 1? I can't wait for it. I definitely think it'll freshen things up in the game.

Demosthenes X

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2008
I'm getting it, but only for the new Zombie map. Really excited about it, though... Kino der Toten and Five are great, and I'm looking forward to more Zombies of that calibre. :D

MarximusMG

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
Denver
Yeah, funny enough I'm actually more excited for the other maps rather than the zombie one. I haven't been playing zombies as much as I thought I'd be. Been on TDM most of the time recently. But I'm definitely excited to see what they're all like!

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
I just picked up an XBox Live Black Ops points card from Best Buy for $17.99. Saved two bucks, and am ready to play some more Domination on new maps. Now hopefully all those god awful TDM players will go back to TDM, and leave Domination to those that want to play the game properly.

Amazon also has points cards on sale @ 10% off.

I'd be interested in playing some Zombies with anyone if they are willing to show me the ropes. Have never figured out the proper strategy in the few times I was able to play it online.

GT: JayMax

Demosthenes X

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2008
Playing online is really frustrating. Unless you have friends you play with regularly, it's tough to make it far. On Kino der Toten, the farthest I've gone with a random group online is round 15. On Solo I've made it to round 42. So yeah... I love online play, but really wish I had a solid group to play with.

Otaillon

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2009
Québec
I've bought it this morning but the download finished right when I needed to go to school so I have 3 more hours to wait before trying it! :(

hazza.jockel

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2008
in a swag
Downloaded and played the maps last night. They are very good, especially discovery and stadium.

I was just getting bored of COD but now i think ill play a bit longer before switching games.

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Have had a chance to play some games of Domination on all of the maps, the maps aren't bad. Stadium & Kowloon play a much more faster pace in Domination which is cool. Discovery & Berlin are more tug of war, with matches really going back & forth on point B. Matter of fact in some games I noticed quite a few teams preferring to try & take A & C, then fight for B.

Nice additions to the mix, I like. Also it's fun to try out the maps first in Combat Training, they've been given their own listing so you can run around the maps.

Hopefully will get a chance to try the new zombie map later on. Noticed there were some new achievements supposedly attached to the new map.

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
The new multiplayer maps are pretty nice (haven't had a chance to check out Discovery yet). The zip line is pretty cool in Kowloon and I like the idea of a dead-man zone in Berlin Wall (just makes it more difficult).

The new Zombies map is probably the best one yet. It's pretty big so there's a bunch of room to run around. People are still trying to find out where everything is, but in a few days, everyone should be good. Only thing I'm not crazy about is the black and white effect before you turn the power on.

Demosthenes X

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2008
Really enjoying Stadium and Discovery. Not big on Kowloon so far - I can see what makes it a good map, but I just don't like it as much as the other two for some reason. Only gotten into Berlin Wall once so far, but looking forward to playing it more.

Love Ascension. I've only played it 2-player, but it really seems set up for 2 or more. I think it'd be a tough map on Solo compared to Kino or Five... but really like the size and scope of the map. Got to level 18 without too much trouble with a friend, so I think with the right strategy a high-level run would be pretty easy...

matt3839

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2011
The new map pack is simply a blast to play.

Ascension is a beautifully designed zombie map and the new weapons/perks are quite clever; PhD Flopper seems stupid at first but its value becomes apparent quickly enough. The Sickle is just too much fun to use and is extremely powerful when paired with the Ballistic Knife.

Kowloon is my favorite multiplayer map in the pack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.