PDA

View Full Version : SCSI Port:

In-Correct
Jan 27, 2011, 06:06 AM
I have several :apple: that have an SCSI port on the back of it. Where are adapters and hard drives for this? :confused: It would be very useful to connect an external SCSI hard drive to them, :D because G3 PowerBooks have SCSI and USB also, which means i can use PowerBook G3 to transfer files to and from USB storage device to SCSI hard drives and connect the hard drives to any PowerBook that has SCSI, even if there isn't any USB connections. :p :cool:

SimonUK5
Jan 27, 2011, 06:20 AM
I've seen all types of Scsi bit and bob's all over eBay! The hard drives tend to be fairly small though. But Quick! I'm planning on getting an External SCSI Drive for my Powermac :)

chrfr
Jan 27, 2011, 11:58 AM
Keep in mind that those G3 Powerbooks have USB 1 ports, which will take ages to move your data. SCSI is now obsolete in the consumer market, so you're stuck getting used parts. SCSI is not really worth the effort and expense at this point, if you don't have to use it.

chrismacguy
Jan 27, 2011, 12:14 PM
Keep in mind that those G3 Powerbooks have USB 1 ports, which will take ages to move your data. SCSI is now obsolete in the consumer market, so you're stuck getting used parts. SCSI is not really worth the effort and expense at this point, if you don't have to use it.

Or you can create external solutions with adapters etc. (What Im going to have to do, as well as create a internal solution for getting a relatively large HD inside my PowerMac 8200/120)