Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kenrima

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm a newbie here so if this is in the wrong spot please move (but let me know where it went!). First question- is there really an iPhone 5 coming out for AT&T on a 4G network in June? Question 2- is there anywhere to find app reviews (and a place to ask questions) PRIOR to purchasing?
Thanks!

WingedWheel

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2010
Chicagoland
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Question 2- is there anywhere to find app reviews (and a place to ask questions) PRIOR to purchasing?
Thanks!

Right here! I just got advice on finding the perfect calendar app, from many helpful people on this very forum.

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
First question- is there really an iPhone 5 coming out for AT&T on a 4G network in June? Question 2- is there anywhere to find app reviews (and a place to ask questions) PRIOR to purchasing?
Thanks!

1. What T-Mobile and AT&T are currently calling 4G is not LTE (the agreed upon standard) but just faster versions of incompatible systems (3.5G). Ignoring that, the number of cities that currently have 4G, combined among all the carriers, is less than 200. There are 18,000 cities and towns in the US. The carriers may have started advertising 4G but I do not expect iPhone5 to be 4G. If this is important to you make sure you live in a 4G area.

2. There are sites that review apps but go to the App Store (in iTunes) and see what people who bought the app think.

gks

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2010
1. What T-Mobile and AT&T are currently calling 4G is not LTE (the agreed upon standard) but just faster versions of incompatible systems (3.5G). Ignoring that, the number of cities that currently have 4G, combined among all the carriers, is less than 200. There are 18,000 cities and towns in the US. The carriers may have started advertising 4G but I do not expect iPhone5 to be 4G. If this is important to you make sure you live in a 4G area.

2. There are sites that review apps but go to the App Store (in iTunes) and see what people who bought the app think.

It's likely that the next iPhone will support HSPA+. It's theoretical limit is pretty close to LTE and will be reasonably easy to upgrade their existing network to it. It'll be rolled out reasonably fast. Faster than LTE

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.