Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gmagnes

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
I downloaded Shapewriter some months ago, tried it once or twice, and didn't really like. Recently, after reading another article on Swype, decided to give it another try, and I think I'm beginning to like it alot. So my question is this:

1--I clicked on something from within the app to upgrade to the paid version, but I can't tell if it installed, although I've been charged for it. The icon reads as the Lite version, and it opens with a Shapewriter screen that shows version 3.5 and no 'Lite' on the screen.

2--I wanted to share it with some other folks, and when I search for it in the App Store, nothing seems to come up. A few other apps with the word Shape in their names do come up, but no Shapewriter, regardless of whether I try it as one or two words. Is it still available? If so, how can it be located?

3-My daughter has just purchased an Android phone and I'd like to show her Swype. Other than being more integrated into the operating system from what I hear (a big advantage), are there other significant differences between Swype and Shapewriter?

thanks,

Gerry

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.