Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ritte

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Yesterday I got the ikee virus on my ipad.
I found this guide:
http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-secure-your-jailbroken-iphone-from-ssh-hack-9140084/

Change my mobile- and root password and removed the lockbackround.jpg.
Today I wanted to SSH into my IPAD to send some videos and but I couldn't login.
I respringed my Ipad and noticed that the virus was back, although that I've changed the password.
I've confirmed in mobileterminal that I've changed password since alpine doesn't work anymore.

Now I've changed my password again but I can't SSH into my ipad.

1.Is the virus blocking me from logging in?
2.How did it return?
3. How do I remove it completely?

Ritte

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Well, isn' that what you toughs the first time when you "removed" it? :D:D

Yes, but this time I "removed" all the files. The first time the guide was saying to remove only the background.

I've respringed several times without it coming back. It used to comeback after every respring.

So, I better did not take the advice to rejailbreak. Saved me a little bit if hassle. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chilean.Miner

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2011
Yesterday I got the ikee virus on my ipad.
I found this guide:
http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-secure-your-jailbroken-iphone-from-ssh-hack-9140084/

Change my mobile- and root password and removed the lockbackround.jpg.
Today I wanted to SSH into my IPAD to send some videos and but I couldn't login.
I respringed my Ipad and noticed that the virus was back, although that I've changed the password.
I've confirmed in mobileterminal that I've changed password since alpine doesn't work anymore.

Now I've changed my password again but I can't SSH into my ipad.

1.Is the virus blocking me from logging in?
2.How did it return?
3. How do I remove it completely?

you seriously got a virus on the ipad!? what were you doing man?

trey93

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2011
i have a similar problem..i have deleted all the files that came from the ikee virus and everything but the background still stays..help

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Anyone care to offer some insight into this virus, like how it's commonly obtained? I'd like to avoid something like this myself as I'm sure all of us would...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.