Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dreamkatcha

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2003
Manchester, England
Hi,

I recently closed down my forum though want to make a selection of about 250 threads available as static HTML pages. Saving the files and tidying up the formatting was easy enough, but now I want to be able to automatically extract the titles of the pages so I can link to them from an index page. Does anyone know of any software that will make this task a bit quicker?

Dreamkatcha

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2003
Manchester, England
Just out of curiosity I totted up the number of new threads I've started since I joined this forum which have gone completely unanswered - five including this one during my short stay. A more paranoid, mentally unstable person might start to get a bit unnerved at this stage. Good job I'm so emotionally well balanced. *clamps tongue between teeth and crosses eyes*

It's because I'm a Mac user isn't it? Go on admit it, you think I'm a big girl's blouse who's too simple to use a grown-up PC. Damn bigots are everywhere!

Oh I remembered what I returned to this post for in the first place. I found what I was looking for - if anyone is searching for the same sort of app, go to Mac Update or Version Tracker and search for IndexFinger.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
be a little more mature about this. you posted this thread yesterday and no one replied because no one has an answer. something like this is usually done with a custom php script that would search through a directory. that really is the best, cleanest, and most lightweight way to do it.

Dreamkatcha

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2003
Manchester, England
That was actually me being lighthearted and hilariously witty, but thanks for the tip anyway.

No-one understands me, waaaah, waaaah etc etc. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.