Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dairyman

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
i have been putting skins on all of my devices and have tried all the different manufacturers

The only one I hadnt seen was wrapsol so I gave it a shot

the install was easy just need patience and the final result is amazing

the skin is thick and very "tough" . It is hard to explain but it has a matte finish that actually makes the aluminum look even better!

I would recommend it to everyone bc the unibody macs scratch very easily!

TheRealDamager

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2011
I just installed my first Wrapsol about a month ago. It is very expensive, but a very high quality product that looks great on the aluminum macs.

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ronnoco said:
I have a Zagg InvisiShield on my 11" MBA but just bought a WrapSol for my 15" i5 MBP for $26.00 (full body) at Amazon...

Yea, but the zagg invisishield has a tacky, rubbery feel to it. The wrapsol is more like a super thin sheet of glass. ;-)

- Joe

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yea, but the zagg invisishield has a tacky, rubbery feel to it. The wrapsol is more like a super thin sheet of glass. ;-)

- Joe
Yes...but I like the shiny look on my 11" not so much on my 15"...:)

rubberwheels

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2010
With the wrapsol on your macbook air and a sleeve for traveling. you think it's worth it to get the speck case?

iRun26.2

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
I disagree. They don't scratch very easily in my opinion, but they can scratch. :)
Thanks for letting us know about Wrapsol.

I agree. I've never scratched either of the MBA computers I have owned (original MBA for about 2.5 years + new 11.6" MBA for two months). I guess I just take pretty good care of them.

BlackMax

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2007
North Carolina
i have been putting skins on all of my devices and have tried all the different manufacturers

The only one I hadnt seen was wrapsol so I gave it a shot

the install was easy just need patience and the final result is amazing

the skin is thick and very "tough" . It is hard to explain but it has a matte finish that actually makes the aluminum look even better!

I would recommend it to everyone bc the unibody macs scratch very easily!

Do you have any pictures you can share?

Dairyman

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
ill take some pics you will have a hard time even noticing the case

word of advice after having it on a few days now when installing keep away from the edges about 2mm

in one corner i cut it a little close and it is peeling a little bit

rw3

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008
DFW, TX
The only thing I don't have a Wrapsol on is my 27" iMac...

iPhone 4, iPad 3G, and 13" MBAir all have a Wrapsol installed.

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
I have both a Zagg InvisiShield and a Wrapsol on my 11" MBA and 15" i5 MBP respectively and IMO both have advantages...I prefer the shiny look and stickier grip of the Zagg on my more portable MBA and the more matte finish on my sedentary MBP that is connected to my ACD...:)

grawk

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2004
Southern York County, PA
I just installed my wrapsol. The hardest thing to get aligned right was the palmrest cover. The pieces in the middle stretched a bit, so I'll have to go in later and trim along the left edge just slightly to get rid of the overhang. Otherwise, it went on well, and wasn't difficult. The soapy liquid + sticky back worked better than other skins I've tried in the past on other devices.

Thatoneguy2

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2007
I have used Gela skins and they can use any picture you have and can custom cut like they did for my superdrive, looks great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.