PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Trailer

job
Sep 5, 2002, 10:47 PM
The Halo 2 trailer for X-Box has been released.

Although originally only available in WMV9, there are mirrors at http://halo.bungie.org that host a QT6 version.

Mr. Anderson
Sep 5, 2002, 10:49 PM
nice, but I'm still waiting for Halo I to come to the mac......may a herd of camels take a dump in Bill Gate's bed for his purchase of Bungie.....

D

Rower_CPU
Sep 5, 2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
nice, but I'm still waiting for Halo I to come to the mac......may a herd of camels take a dump in Bill Gate's bed for his purchase of Bungie.....

D

Seriously...I was so hyped about this game when I first heard about it and saw screenshots when it was under development for PC.

By the time it comes out for Mac, Halo2 will be out on the Xbox...bleh...:rolleyes:

job
Sep 5, 2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU

By the time it comes out for Mac, Halo2 will be out on the Xbox...bleh...:rolleyes:

i think they planned it... :mad: :rolleyes:

Rower_CPU
Sep 5, 2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by hitman
i think they planned it... :mad: :rolleyes:

What? No! You think they would? The bastards!!! ;) :rolleyes: :p

job
Sep 5, 2002, 11:35 PM

What? No! You think they would? The bastards!!! ;) :rolleyes: :p

hehehehe.. ;) :D

it's a shame that such a great development company sold out like that...

oh well..

Rower_CPU
Sep 5, 2002, 11:42 PM
The quality was actually pretty good on WMP9...it will be interesting to see how it competes with MPEG4.

You would hope that open standards would win out over proprietary software...but with MS's $$$...grrrrrrrr...

job
Sep 5, 2002, 11:51 PM
money talks... ;)

i only watched the mpeg-4 clip since i don't have any version of windows media on my hard drive...

the audio quality was pretty good and once the entire clip was loaded, the film speed was also decent.

Rower_CPU
Sep 5, 2002, 11:54 PM
If you get the chance, get ahold of a PC you can install the WMP9 Beta on and try it out...

job
Sep 5, 2002, 11:57 PM
do you think the qt 6 mpeg-4 codec will give MS a run for it's money?

Rower_CPU
Sep 6, 2002, 12:04 AM
I would need several things in order to make a good evaluation:
Content encoded straight from raw/master video in MPEG4 and WM9
System with high quality audio, 4.1 or greater
Fast video card

From what I've seen, they are very close in quality. WM9 is claiming TV/DVD quality and 5.1 audio...

I think it may come down to file size and interoperability with other devices (cell phones, PDAs, etc.)...only time will tell.

job
Sep 6, 2002, 12:07 AM

From what I've seen, they are very close in quality. WM9 is claiming TV/DVD quality and 5.1 audio...

True, but then it is Microsoft's own proprietary format.

The quality of the MPEG-4 codec might not quite match that of WM9, but I would think that the open standard would be more attractive to potential customers/techies.

amnesiac1984
Sep 9, 2002, 07:29 AM
maybe microsoft bosting 5.1 sound will make apple wake up and start supporting it properly in software for ppl with digital sound outputs. I know it is supported for authoring but DVD player doesn't support it, and it should. (I've just bought a pioneer DD/DTS receiver :D)

Paolo
Sep 9, 2002, 08:12 AM
Bungie were a ****** good company untill M$ bought out them.... but they only bought out one guy.... bungie was founded by two guys(as far as I know). But the other guy didn't want a bar of it... I wonder where he went!?
The other guy can burn in hell for being a money grubbing fool!!! (maybe that's a bit harsh).

I'm still waiting for the speach of Bush "Bill gates is an Evil man"

Come one Bush do something right for once!!!!

jelloshotsrule
Sep 9, 2002, 09:44 AM
is the wm9 thing meant for the internet in the way mp4 is? i mean are file sizes that small? i guess so if you nerds are comparing it

halo is a great game and it's cool to see all the marathon remnants in it. i'm definitely looking forward to halo 2 to make me feel a bit happier with my purchase of the xbox... at this point. halo 1 is the only game that's been worth it... otherwise i'm thinking ps2 shoudl have been the way for me. ahh well

diorio
Sep 11, 2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
is the wm9 thing meant for the internet in the way mp4 is? i mean are file sizes that small? i guess so if you nerds are comparing it

halo is a great game and it's cool to see all the marathon remnants in it. i'm definitely looking forward to halo 2 to make me feel a bit happier with my purchase of the xbox... at this point. halo 1 is the only game that's been worth it... otherwise i'm thinking ps2 shoudl have been the way for me. ahh well

halo is definitely the best game for xbox, but other than that, I can't think of any great ones. PS2 has GTA3 (grand theft auto 3) which is awesome. If halo and GTA3 were both on one system, that would probably be the system most people would buy.

dreamlance
Sep 12, 2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by diorio

halo is definitely the best game for xbox, but other than that, I can't think of any great ones. PS2 has GTA3 (grand theft auto 3) which is awesome. If halo and GTA3 were both on one system, that would probably be the system most people would buy.

I definitely agree on that. Halo is the only game on Xbox that I like but I wouldn't get a Xbox just for it. PS2 has a good many games to play other than GTA3 (although GTA3 is plenty of fun). Better investment. But hey, money talks. Maybe I missed it on the site, but did they give an estimated release date?

diorio
Sep 12, 2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by dreamlance

I definitely agree on that. Halo is the only game on Xbox that I like but I wouldn't get a Xbox just for it. PS2 has a good many games to play other than GTA3 (although GTA3 is plenty of fun). Better investment. But hey, money talks. Maybe I missed it on the site, but did they give an estimated release date?

If they have, I havn't seen it.