PDA

View Full Version : What cable do I need to see my iPhone screen on TV or Cinema Display/ Laptop Screen?

MBX
Jan 29, 2011, 08:58 AM
What cables can do that???

Thanks

Interstella5555
Jan 29, 2011, 09:33 AM
What cables can do that???

Thanks

TV - A/V cables
Laptop - USB and Xcode

MBX
Jan 29, 2011, 09:50 AM
TV - A/V cables
Laptop - USB and Xcode

Thanks, Captain Obvious :)

But what A/V cable? It needs to somehow connect to the iPhone's dock plug/ connector. What A/V cable is like that?

walie
Jan 29, 2011, 10:12 AM
Thanks, Captain Obvious :)

But what A/V cable? It needs to somehow connect to the iPhone's dock plug/ connector. What A/V cable is like that?

The Apple Component AV Cable or The Apple Composite AV Cable

allaboutmusic
Jan 29, 2011, 11:20 AM

It only displays output from certain apps, is that correct? Such as the iPod player or Youtube?

ZMacintosh
Jan 29, 2011, 11:28 AM
I thought somehow there was a way to mirror the iphone screen to a larger one.
Someone made a iPhone costume that pretty much did that.

MBX
Jan 29, 2011, 11:33 AM

These cables are pretty much useless, only if you wanted to stream iTunes. Also the cable is way too short and not intended for what i'm looking for.

What i need is for when i wanna stream everything else, like for gaming (to see it on the big screen).

Mlrollin91
Jan 29, 2011, 11:44 AM
These cables are pretty much useless, only if you wanted to stream iTunes. Also the cable is way too short and not intended for what i'm looking for.

What i need is for when i wanna stream everything else, like for gaming (to see it on the big screen).

There is a dock connector to VGA plug that is made for the iPad, but I believe it works with iPhone as well. But the app has to be setup for video out, otherwise it is useless, same with Composite or Component cables. The app must be specifically coded to do so. Like Netflix recently added video out.

Roessnakhan
Jan 29, 2011, 01:06 PM
To see non-video out applications on your computer screen, there's a jailbroken app called iDemo (http://www.plutinosoft.com/idemo) that does just that. DemoGod (the previous version) used to use the Apple Component AV Cable for output to a TV, so I imagine the same is true for iDemo. On the computer it works over WiFi.

Steven Jobson
Feb 3, 2011, 10:15 AM
Do you still need help with this, OP? I could have helped you sooner but MR thought it'd be cool to put me in time-out.