PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Weatherbug iPad app?

fw221
Jan 29, 2011, 07:36 PM
I loved it, then it died with the last update. Now it's not in the app store and there's no mention of it on the dev site. :(

normwood
Jan 29, 2011, 09:28 PM
Mine works fine. But I agree it's not currently in the AppStore.

Steve

omyard
Jan 31, 2011, 10:40 AM
A quick google gives the impression the most recent update broke the app.

maflynn
Jan 31, 2011, 11:52 AM
Yeah, it does seem to be missing. Mine is working but I have no idea what version I have.

lelisa13p
Feb 2, 2011, 01:52 AM
The last update broke mine, too. Last week, I think. Crashed repeatedly on opening so I deleted it, thinking I'd just reinstall. Nope. It's not presently in the App Store but I guess now I'll have to check daily since without the broken app installed, I won't get the notification when the fix is available. :(

If your app is still working, you didn't update it. Lucky you. ;)

cdsloop
Feb 2, 2011, 06:29 PM
Hi folks, you are right that the app is missing from the store. We are working hard to get a new release in, if you would like to help us test, please click the link below. We have a release ready..

http://testflightapp.com/join/fa146329b009914500c39bf3b96365d4-MzQ1NQ/

fw221
Feb 2, 2011, 06:54 PM
Hi folks, you are right that the app is missing from the store. We are working hard to get a new release in, if you would like to help us test, please click the link below. We have a release ready..

http://testflightapp.com/join/fa146329b009914500c39bf3b96365d4-MzQ1NQ/

Hooray!

ViperDesign
Feb 3, 2011, 05:09 PM
The last update broke mine, too. Last week, I think. Crashed repeatedly on opening so I deleted it, thinking I'd just reinstall. Nope. It's not presently in the App Store but I guess now I'll have to check daily since without the broken app installed, I won't get the notification when the fix is available. :(

If your app is still working, you didn't update it. Lucky you. ;)

Mine won't even open now.

MacDawg
Feb 3, 2011, 07:17 PM
Looks like the update is in the App Store
I downloaded an update tonight

cdsloop
Feb 4, 2011, 07:27 AM
Folks, we got the app back in the app store yesterday afternoon and it appears we have all issues resolved. If anyone purchased the ad-free and ads are showing, you can purchase again, Apple will tell you that "You have already purchased this item" and you will not be charged again for it.

I appreciate your patience and support. Glad to be back up and rolling again:)

Chris

matthartley
Feb 7, 2011, 05:34 PM
Hey everyone,

Wanted to let each of you know that WeatherBug has addressed the issue with the iPad app, it's back, everything is back on track and you can get the full details on who, what, when and why from this post.

http://www.lockergnome.com/insideweatherbug/2011/02/07/weatherbug-for-the-ipad-updates-and-questions-answered/

Again, WeatherBug for the iPad hasn't actually gone anyplace, it was just caught up in the update backwash that can happen sometimes. Thanks.

Matt Hartley
on behalf of WeatherBug :)