PDA

View Full Version : Free google reader client for iphone :)

perkintang
Jan 29, 2011, 08:50 PM
Hello all !

iReadG Free is available today. Hope you like this a bit different google reader app.:D

Also, you can PM me for promo codes of iReadG(no ads, more functional:cool: )

Itunes Link:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/ireadg-free/id415451262?mt=8

psonice
Jan 31, 2011, 08:29 AM
Looks promising, except one thing: is there a general 'unread items' folder somewhere?

The first tab shows me my subscriptions, and I can customise it to just show unread, but I have to open each subscription separately to read them. On the 3rd tab, I see the expected 'all items' folder - but it contains all the crap from 'recommended' mixed in with what I actually want to read. Am I missing it somewhere?

The article reading part looks good, better than the other readers I've tried. The layout is great, and I really love how you can scroll 'past' the end of an article and it loads in the next one. The pop-up menu is quite nifty.

One problem here: some feeds don't show the full article, just a few lines, then you tap through to read more. When this happens, the UI is different, which is a little confusing. Also I found a bug here. I opened the drop-down panel showing the sharing options, then went back to the previous screen with the drop-down still open. It stays on-screen permanently - you need to force-close it when navigating away from that view if it's open.

Ah, just noticed something else: the recommended items seem to get shown in the unread count.

Overall: this is a VERY promising start, with a few teething troubles. Once they're sorted I suspect it'll do very well, it's a lot better than the other RSS readers I've tried.

perkintang
Jan 31, 2011, 09:43 AM
Looks promising, except one thing: is there a general 'unread items' folder somewhere?

To show unread items, from any items list page, hit the drop-down button then select "show updated".

The first tab shows me my subscriptions, and I can customise it to just show unread, but I have to open each subscription separately to read them. On the 3rd tab, I see the expected 'all items' folder - but it contains all the crap from 'recommended' mixed in with what I actually want to read. Am I missing it somewhere?

Oh, you are right:eek: I should separate "recommended items" from "all items". Will fix it in the next update:)

One problem here: some feeds don't show the full article, just a few lines, then you tap through to read more. When this happens, the UI is different, which is a little confusing. Also I found a bug here. I opened the drop-down panel showing the sharing options, then went back to the previous screen with the drop-down still open. It stays on-screen permanently - you need to force-close it when navigating away from that view if it's open.

I also found this bug. It's really a shame:(
I will fix it in the next update.

Ah, just noticed something else: the recommended items seem to get shown in the unread count.

I mixed them up:mad:

Overall: this is a VERY promising start, with a few teething troubles. Once they're sorted I suspect it'll do very well, it's a lot better than the other RSS readers I've tried.

Thank you for your feedback, it really help me lot:)

psonice
Feb 1, 2011, 04:12 AM
Cool. If they're fixed, this is going to be a very useful app indeed. I've left the free version a review (and sent you an email).