Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toreddo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Hi everyone,

I've been searching but really can't find what it is called or how to make it. I would like to have the list-menu, like finder has on the left of the application.
It is just about the style of this menu not the information that's in it but i can't find it in the IB.

I'll add a screenshot of what i mean.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction :)

Thanks

Edit:
Found it, it is an NSOutlineView with selection style NSTableViewSelectionHighlightStyleSourceList

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2011-01-30 om 10.29.03.png
    Schermafbeelding 2011-01-30 om 10.29.03.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:

larswik

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2006
Hi Toreddo, you are probably not going to get an answer to this question on this forum. Most people post their code to get help as to why it is not working. The folks here are great at helping you solve your problems if you are making an attempt to solve it yourself. If you are struggling with coding they give you great tips and help. But to ask them to solve a problem for you won't happen.

What language are you programming in?

-Lars

Toreddo

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Hi Toreddo, you are probably not going to get an answer to this question on this forum. Most people post their code to get help as to why it is not working. The folks here are great at helping you solve your problems if you are making an attempt to solve it yourself. If you are struggling with coding they give you great tips and help. But to ask them to solve a problem for you won't happen.

What language are you programming in?

-Lars

Hi Lars,

Thats totally not what i am doing here, i am a programmer for many years now so i can solve my own problems, i just can't find anything about this in the interface builder but see many programs using it. So i am just asking for the object's name or whatever to point me in the right direction. If you need to manually program this, thats fine, ill do that. But i can't imagine since so many programs use it for example: Skype, Coda, Mail, Itunes..

Please note that this is only about the style of this menu, nothing else. ( i edited the post to make this more clear )

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for your reply :)

Sydde

macrumors 68030
Aug 17, 2009
IOKWARDI
You might also want to look at the poorly-named NSRuleEditor. I believe this is the actual view object you are seeing as the Finder's sidebar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.