Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

setanor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2001
i'd hate to be the person who saved up for a year for a kick-ass new $1800 imac only to have M3733LL/A pop round the corner the next day...

and i bet there are people that will be doing that...

[Edited by setanor on 01-05-2002 at 05:52 PM]

icruise

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2002
You can't link to something in the Apple store like that, but I think I know what you mean. There are a lot of people who don't read the rumor sites and who probably don't know about Macworld (although Apple's recent behavior has made that somewhat less likely ). However, I wouldn't be surprised if orders for iMacs placed in the last few days were delayed and the people asked if they wanted to change to the new version -- this has happened with other things in the past, and I think the imac currently has a waiting period of about 10 days.

Of course this doesn't help people who went out and bought them in person, but I guess it is unavoidable. If you really will be bothered by something getting replaced soon after you buy it, you should do some research.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.