Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FiremanMike

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2011
I promise I did do a search and didn't turn up a thread that suited me.

I'm looking for a cigarette lighter mount for an iphone 4. I'm done with the windshield mount, had it for awhile with my droid and I'm tired of all the wires hanging down.

I found the tuneflex at bestbuy and it looked promising, but I thought I'd get your guys opinion about the tuneflex or other lighter mounts that might be superior. FWIW I have little interest in the handsfree phone "feature" of the tuneflex.. I can do without that..

dokindo

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2009
I bought the original transdock (without the fm transmitter) on ebay recently but would not recommend it. I bought it since I was looking for a stand/charger with audio out the bottom, but it is really not usable. To many loose connections, rattles, etc.

I am still surprised by the lack of cigargette lighter flexible neck type stands.

FiremanMike

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2011
Honestly so am I... My corolla has the lighter in a spot that would make this mount ideal. I've seen some where the aux out is passed through the charger and comes out the bottom which would be awesome. As far as I can tell this feature doesn't work with the iphone 4.

I'm thinking about getting this tuneflex as basically just a charger and using my own aux cable with no mic. The reviews I've read of those mic/aux cables and speakerphone through car audio have all been bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.