PDA

View Full Version : iPad AV cable quality, 3rd party vs genuine

evan081
Jan 31, 2011, 06:09 AM
Hello,

I bought an AV cable for the iphone/ipad off ebay for $20 - it is working fine, with sound and video when plugged into my TV (42" plasma) using Air Video - however, the picture quality is not as good as if play it from my laptop to TV. is this due to the 3rd party cable being bad quality build? or just ipad/air video cannot deliver HD quality videos?

I want to buy the genuine cable if it in fact can deliver HD quality video, I just dont want to go out and buy the cable and it turns out quality is the same as the 3rd party cable because thats the best an ipad can do.

Thanks in advance, I hope someone with prior experience will give some hints.

Leonard.Green
Feb 1, 2011, 08:25 PM
What AV cable is this ? Composite ? Component ? VGA ?

If it's Composite (one yellow for video plus red and white for audio - the most popular AV cable for iPod/ad/hone), the quality you have now is pretty much as good as it gets. For better picture I recommend buying VGA iPad cable.

Also - nor iPad of iPhone 4 is capable of displaying 720p on output (I assume you mean this by 'HD quality video').
VGA output provides resolution - 1024x768, so best you can get out of 720p is 576p (1024x576).
It looks amazing and waaay better than Composite, but it's still like 20% short from full 720p.

About those 3rd party cables.
I bought a 3rd party AV Composite for my iPod nano, and picture looks exactly like when using borrowed Apple Composite. iPod can't display HD video, but the point is that cable itself isn't messing with the quality (at least mine wasn't - blind tested it).

Best regards,
L.

GotiPad
Feb 1, 2011, 11:41 PM
I got a 3rd party A/V cable connected it to the TV with the Case on it and it didn't work I thought I lost $25 :mad:then it worked after removing the case.
The video quality is not that great. Have any one tried or reviewed this product which says HD HD a/v cable (http://www.itrendystuff.com/sneakpeek.html)

gohoomoa
Feb 2, 2011, 05:50 AM
I got a 3rd party A/V cable connected it to the TV with the Case on it and it didn't work I thought I lost $25 :mad:then it worked after removing the case.
The video quality is not that great. Have any one tried or reviewed this product which says HD HD a/v cable (http://www.itrendystuff.com/sneakpeek.html)

just bought the Sneakpeek and i have to admit the built quality of that cable is superior however some of the movies played by other applications (Cinexplayer) is not showing on the TV correctly, half of the screen missing and the quality is not that good however i think this is caused by the programs, but i have tried it with pictures and videos which i shot and it's excellent. Though if i could go back in time i would have gone with composite due to compatibility issue with other TVs when i am traveling.