Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deadkennedy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Id like to watch movies from my laptop through HDMI and then control it with wireless keyboard. I just find it stupid to have to juggle Apple Keyboard, Apple Trackpad and a pizza box at the same time. I'd much rather had keyboard and trackpad or trackball all in one. Thanks.

mouthster

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2005
Id like to watch movies from my laptop through HDMI and then control it with wireless keyboard. I just find it stupid to have to juggle Apple Keyboard, Apple Trackpad and a pizza box at the same time. I'd much rather had keyboard and trackpad or trackball all in one. Thanks.

Well, for watching movies and controlling everything I use a combination of Remote Buddy and the Apple Remote. With Remote Buddy I am able to launch Front Row, or XBMC / Boxee to play any media as well as put the computer the sleep, etc. If all you are looking for is an easy way to control media playback this might work for you rather then a whole keyboard / trackpad set up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.