Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arnold Rimmer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
Hey all,

I have a Question re: i works for iPad, is it possible to create a doc within "Pages" and the. Upload that completed document to googledocs to either a specific default folder or a specified folder?

Also can the same be done in reverse? Can i download a document from google docs, edit it and sync it back?

I know there is an email option available but that could get messy :) so can any iworks users please advise if these tasks are possible before I pay for the applications themselves.

Thanks in advance:)

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
Hey all,

I have a Question re: i works for iPad, is it possible to create a doc within "Pages" and the. Upload that completed document to googledocs to either a specific default folder or a specified folder?

Also can the same be done in reverse? Can i download a document from google docs, edit it and sync it back?

I know there is an email option available but that could get messy :) so can any iworks users please advise if these tasks are possible before I pay for the applications themselves.

Thanks in advance:)

You can email the documents to yourself if they are under a certain size (I think it might be around 20 MB), share it using iWork.com Beta, sync it back to your computer using iTunes, copy it to iDisk, or WebDAV. Those are the options and if you are creative, it should be possible to achieve your aim.

You can download files of known types to iWork apps on iOS. For example, .doc will give you the option of opening in Pages. Beware that complex formatting will probably suffer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.