PDA

View Full Version : MB Air trackpad less responsive after hibernation

Ztormie
Jan 31, 2011, 08:06 PM
I have come upon a quite weird issue with the new Macbook Air. I have both the 11.6 and the 13 inch at home at the moment (going to send one back, leaning on keeping the 13) and after they have been sleeping for more than an hour and gone into hibernation mode the trackpad becomes less responsive for clicks and taps after you wake them. Normally, they register even the lightest taps and certainly reacts if you click the trackpad, but after hibernation nothing happens on the first tap or even if you click it by pressing down the TP, on the second click or tap however it reacts at once. At first I thought they just had bad trackpads or something, but then I noticed that after I restarted them the issue was gone. I've tried this multiple times on both models and they react the same way.
I've also noticed that after waking them from hibernation mode the swap memory files are always filled and that the Air functions a bit slower after this until you restart it, but I guess that is as it should be? (I'm not really into computer and memory technology but I assumed it's something to do with the deep sleep and that it can't be avoided.) I can live with the swap files filling because the Air is so great otherwise but the tap/click thing is really starting to annoy me. Am I the only one who's noticed this and could it possibly be fixed in a future software update?

mixvio
Jan 31, 2011, 10:18 PM
Do you have MagicPrefs installed for the Magic Mouse?

http://magicprefs.com/

I had a nearly similar issue with mine and on a whim I uninstalled it, which ended the problem immediately. I think it might be fixed in the 2.0 beta, but I haven't tried that.