Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnhalsted

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
I had my 13" for about 2 months and iv'e noticed the battery capacity is going pretty quickly, im already at 94%, is it worth taking it back to get replaced?

Note: I have calibrated the battery once when it arrived and also do it once per month.

Z6d53.png

original capacity was 6715

johnhalsted

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
loosing 3% capacity per month? so after 1 year battery will be about 64% after 400 ish cycles at my current rate. And i believe apple say if it goes under 80% capacity within 1 year and it has under 1000 cycles it gets replaced free.

Just wondering if anyone else is having same problem?

johnhalsted

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
Its being used every day and i have been monitoring the total capacity weekly and it has been decaying steadily.

Just also phoned apple and they said if its still going down in a month its going to get free replace :D:D

vocabdude

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2011
that's normal, even laptop batteries degrade with time and use, I have a acer laptop which when it was new lasted about 5 hours on battery power, now, after 2 years it doesnt even last 1...

b-rad g

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
My battery health went down to 96% last month and today is back up to 98%, I think there are some reporting error involved. I wouldn't worry about it much right now.

Exact same thing with mine went down to 96% and now back up again.

mattydee87

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2008
Yeah my current MacBook Pro battery health often switches from between 86% and 92% all the time

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I have used 16 cycles since mid-November and am still at 100%. That seems pretty rapid to be down to 94%. Let us know what happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.