PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone vouch for Terra?

CarboysDesire
Feb 1, 2011, 01:21 PM
I'm getting a message in the App Store that Terra has an update available for me, but I've never downloaded the app in the first place.

Has this happened to anyone else?

And can anyone vouch for Terra?

It's a Web Browser it says.

Thanks.

saving107
Feb 1, 2011, 01:37 PM
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6659/screenshot20110201at113.png

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/terra-web-browser-tabs-full/id394704159?mt=8

kkat69
Feb 1, 2011, 01:40 PM
I'm getting a message in the App Store that Terra has an update available for me, but I've never downloaded the app in the first place.

Thanks.

Nope, never had THAT happen, and no nothing about it.

CarboysDesire
Feb 1, 2011, 01:48 PM
Thanks, kat. It's really weird, but since it's in the App Store it has to be legit, right?

I do not see an option to skip the update. It's like if I don't download the update the message will stay there forever.

CharlesR
Feb 1, 2011, 08:33 PM
Terra is a very nice browser! It reminds me a lot of Google Chrome... lean, simple and fast.

HE15MAN
Apr 22, 2011, 07:58 AM
I love it so far. It has replaced Safari within 5 minutes of using it!

bmat
Apr 29, 2011, 06:19 PM
I never thought I'd replace safari, but terra did so after just a few tries.

markere
Apr 29, 2011, 06:45 PM
I like Terra almost more than Atomic. And I even paid for Atomic! Terra just seems "cleaner".

outz
Apr 29, 2011, 07:32 PM
I like mercury a lot. Tempted to try terra tho

Ashwood11
Apr 29, 2011, 07:44 PM
I like Terra. Use both Terra and Safari.

gquiring
Apr 29, 2011, 09:45 PM
I still prefer Atomic. It has a lot more options to make it work the way you want. Plus the adblocking. I did a video on it about a month ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9mMy-lc8EY

Cristian
Apr 29, 2011, 09:56 PM
Stumbled across Terra a few days ago and haven't gone back to safari. It seems more stable at times and also TABS!

iLucas
Apr 29, 2011, 10:02 PM
I like Terra. Use both Terra and Safari.

As do I. For sites that i generally use more than just one tab for like this one, Terra comes in very handy.

Readdlemate
Apr 30, 2011, 04:12 AM

Thanks.

This is really strange.

But hey, you have nothing to be afraid of.

Thanks for positive feedback guys. Much appreciated.
We almost have 100,000 daily active users.

rikbrown
Apr 30, 2011, 06:49 AM
Why doesn't the tab title update until the page has finished loading? That's quite annoying.

Also the spacing in the address bar seems a bit off (not enough spacing perhaps).

Just seems a bit unpolished. Better than Atomic anyway, but some way off Safari yet.

zhenya
Apr 30, 2011, 06:58 AM
Faster than Atomic and iCab, but virtually no advanced settings. Mostly I've just found it to be extremely unstable - not necessarily outright crashes, but weird behavior on certain pages. It's also not as good as the other two at caching tabs, meaning it constantly reloads.

With the new JavaScript enhancements, Safari is currently hard to beat.