PDA

View Full Version : MBA Educational Discount and Upgrade Options

zakfox1986
Feb 1, 2011, 03:07 PM
So I'm wondering if the educational discount is available in store? All I saw on Apple's education site was a vague reference to them showing you educational options in store.

The other thing I'm wondering about it whether or not all/most Apple stores carry the MBA 1.4 GHz with 4GB option in store or not. I'd seen that some stores do, but I wasn't sure if this was common.

The nearest store is an hour and a half away. I'd call but I always feel like a bother to retail associates when you call and ask them questions like this.

Thanks a bunch!

Zak

InsanelyApple
Feb 1, 2011, 03:45 PM
So I'm wondering if the educational discount is available in store? All I saw on Apple's education site was a vague reference to them showing you educational options in store.

The other thing I'm wondering about it whether or not all/most Apple stores carry the MBA 1.4 GHz with 4GB option in store or not. I'd seen that some stores do, but I wasn't sure if this was common.

The nearest store is an hour and a half away. I'd call but I always feel like a bother to retail associates when you call and ask them questions like this.

Thanks a bunch!

Zak

If you show the employee your Student ID then they should discount the purchase. Only some stores carry the customized options and some don't. (My closest Apple Store doesn't carry those options.) You'd be better off calling or ordering online.

PinkiPalermo
Feb 1, 2011, 03:57 PM
Authorised Mac Resellers will grant you the educational discount.

abuleban
Feb 1, 2011, 03:58 PM
in the store, with about $160 off in ed discount. But for the combo you want, order it online I'd say

Doc750
Feb 1, 2011, 04:00 PM
or if there is a microcenter near you, their discounted price = educational discount price. Apple retail store will match microcenter's price.

Jman14
Feb 1, 2011, 05:02 PM
or if there is a microcenter near you, their discounted price = educational discount price. Apple retail store will match microcenter's price.

Thats good to know, I didnt know that.

zakfox1986
Feb 1, 2011, 09:02 PM
K! 'preciate it.:)

Applepi
Feb 1, 2011, 10:28 PM
Showed my student id when purchasing mine a few days ago and they only discounted $50. I've always been able to get 10% off and just figured they changed policy.

Brien
Feb 1, 2011, 10:35 PM
Showed my student id when purchasing mine a few days ago and they only discounted $50. I've always been able to get 10% off and just figured they changed policy.

Education discount hasn't been 10% for awhile now.

Jman14
Feb 2, 2011, 12:54 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I was surprised when I found out aboutrhia the other day too... I must have been living under a rock... Or just been broke for a long time!

DarwinOSX
Feb 2, 2011, 07:42 AM
The edu discount isn't very good these days. Was 40% when I went to school years, many years, ago. You can get a better deal online. See here;
http://www.appleinsider.com/mac_price_guide/
Fully loaded 13" MBA $1696 no shipping no tax.