Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zakfox1986

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
So I'm wondering if the educational discount is available in store? All I saw on Apple's education site was a vague reference to them showing you educational options in store.

The other thing I'm wondering about it whether or not all/most Apple stores carry the MBA 1.4 GHz with 4GB option in store or not. I'd seen that some stores do, but I wasn't sure if this was common.

The nearest store is an hour and a half away. I'd call but I always feel like a bother to retail associates when you call and ask them questions like this.

Thanks a bunch!

Zak

Last edited:

InsanelyApple

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2010
So I'm wondering if the educational discount is available in store? All I saw on Apple's education site was a vague reference to them showing you educational options in store.

The other thing I'm wondering about it whether or not all/most Apple stores carry the MBA 1.4 GHz with 4GB option in store or not. I'd seen that some stores do, but I wasn't sure if this was common.

The nearest store is an hour and a half away. I'd call but I always feel like a bother to retail associates when you call and ask them questions like this.

Thanks a bunch!

Zak

If you show the employee your Student ID then they should discount the purchase. Only some stores carry the customized options and some don't. (My closest Apple Store doesn't carry those options.) You'd be better off calling or ordering online.

Doc750

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2010
or if there is a microcenter near you, their discounted price = educational discount price. Apple retail store will match microcenter's price.

Applepi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Showed my student id when purchasing mine a few days ago and they only discounted $50. I've always been able to get 10% off and just figured they changed policy.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
Showed my student id when purchasing mine a few days ago and they only discounted $50. I've always been able to get 10% off and just figured they changed policy.

Education discount hasn't been 10% for awhile now.

Jman14

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Applepi said:

I was surprised when I found out aboutrhia the other day too... I must have been living under a rock... Or just been broke for a long time!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.