Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Orange™

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Is this possible? Could it achieve the native resolution of the monitor? What dongles would I need?

Here is a picture of my Power Mac G4 and a picture of the ports in back to help identify if it's possible. I believe this machine is from 2000 (a whopping 11 years ago and it still works. :D)

juwgsj.jpg

Any links would be appreciated also. Thanks in advance. :apple:

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
http://www.atlona.com/Atlona-Dual-Link-DVI-to-Mini-DisplayPort-Converter-USB-Powered.html if the GPU is capable of 2560 x 1440 pixel.

It might be cheaper to get a MDP capable GPU though, but I don't know of any for the G4 PowerMac.

Btw, please use TIMG instead of IMG tags to prevent horizontal scrolling.
To edit your posts, use the
edit.gif
button.
And the first image of the G4 PowerMac is redundant, as most people here know what it looks like.

Have you tried MRoogle yet?

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
http://www.atlona.com/Atlona-Dual-Link-DVI-to-Mini-DisplayPort-Converter-USB-Powered.html if the GPU is capable of 2560 x 1440 pixel.

It might be cheaper to get a MDP capable GPU though, but I don't know of any for the G4 PowerMac.

Btw, please use TIMG instead of IMG tags to prevent horizontal scrolling.
To edit your posts, use the
edit.gif
button.
And the first image of the G4 PowerMac is redundant, as most people here know what it looks like.

Have you tried MRoogle yet?

As far as Im aware there isnt a single graphics card compatible with that G4 that could handle 2560*1440 pixels (23" was the largest LCD Apple shipped with the G4s and it ran at 1920*1200) - you need a Mac compatible AGP 2x/4x card with enough power to push 2560*1440, which AFAIK dont exist.

raysfan81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2009
What are those connectors on the card in pci slot 3? And 4 would be SCSI right? :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.