PDA

View Full Version : I am having a little trouble...

ohhcrapitstim
Feb 1, 2011, 07:28 PM
I am 16, and I am in the process of learning objective-c. I am reading the book Objective-C for Absolute Beginners (http://www.amazon.com/Objective-C-Absolute-Beginners-iPhone-Programming/dp/1430228326/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296609854&sr=8-1). I have gotten through about half of the book (I am currently on Programming Basics in Objective-C), and I am struggling a bit. I am more of a visual/auditory learner, so it is hard for me to learn through reading a book. I keep trying and trying but I just don't comprehend it well. Can anyone give me tips or suggest any video courses?

P.S. My goal is to learn the basics of Objective-C by the beginning of June. That way, I can devote my summer to create a really good application.

Any help is appreciated!

cnstoll
Feb 1, 2011, 08:33 PM
The Stanford CS 193P class on iTunesU is great. It's definitely targeted at people that already have a knowledge of programming, so be aware of that. But perhaps it would at least help put some of the concepts you're reading into context, even if you don't understand everything they're talking about.