Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

templar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2005
NOW PLAYING "Hacker Hunter".

Tycoon gets ripped off by North-Korean hackers. Then hires vampire and gets his revenge. (violent content)

FREE preview till 2-15-05

You'll need broadband and RealPlayer 9 or 10 to view.

http://www.g-films.com/preview.html

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Not too bad seeing as how it was down on Real Player, but not as crisp as QuickTime. This Jon Londono certainly did just about everything on the movie. Sadly the Hacker Hunter was using a Dell. $10m is a lot of money, but to his way of thinking it was only 10%. Some real fancy judo type moves. For a Vampire he didn't take much blood. Angela and Lilly certainly got off easy. The 1100AD was a mystery. Nifty webcam. The end, all in a days work.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
That was pretty good for an indie, thanks for the link. I don't want to spoil it, but the end left me wanting. Not bad overall though.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
templar said:

Your very welcome, thank you for the link. It was quite different than I expected. It kept my attention. This is a movie that scem0 would have thoroughly enjoyed, at least he used to enjoy that type of action.

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
nice idea, but one big question: Aren't vampires afraid of sunlight? This movie is pretty much all shot in broad daylight.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
topicolo said:
nice idea, but one big question: Aren't vampires afraid of sunlight? This movie is pretty much all shot in broad daylight.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret...vampires aren't real! :eek:

Ssshhh, it's a secret! ;) :p

templar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2005
Who says vampire can't roam the daylight. It's already been done before by
multi-hundred million dollar vampire flicks.

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
templar said:
Who says vampire can't roam the daylight. It's already been before by
multi-hundred million dollar vampire flicks.
multi-hundred million dollar vampire flicks would explain why he/she can do it in the first place. So many movies in the past have made vampires vulnerable to sunlight that this is expected, just like vampires sucking blood and stuff.

grobbins

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2002
Raven VII said:
I wish I could watch that, but I ain't downloading Real Player just to see that either.
Any reason? RealPlayer is a free, drag-install, Mac OS X-native application with a Cocoa UI, based on an open-source playback engine.

grobbins

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2002
mvc said:
Bad reputation as a spyware/adware vector
RealPlayer has never been spyware, and the Mac version has no advertising features. It's a plain drag-install application.

templar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2005
I've taken all four players (Quicktime-Real-Windows Media and Flash's .FLV) to the mat and I've come to find out that:

1. Flash's .FLV is very promising and could very well become the standard player a few years from now since any current browser will play it, but currently it isn't up to par with Quicktime-Real and Windows Media when it comes to viewing special-effects, disslove transitions and movement.

2. Quicktime 6+ works beatifully on macs but can be unstable on PC's

3.Windows Media is smooth on PC's and ok on Macs.

4. Real is about the only true cross platform player.

My take in all this is if you want access to any web content you should have all four players because there's good and bad content in any format.

I solute Mr. Jobs for his brilliance in marketing,
Jon Londono

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.