Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pmart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
I recently bought ATV2 and when i first set it up everything was great. Since then i cannot get my ATV to connect when my home sharing is on. I tried several things like closing itunes and reopening, stop then restart sharing. No matter what i do it says could not connect to server. Any suggestions? thanks!

pmart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
Nevermind I figured it out.

On another note I have a Bose surround sound system. Is there any way to make the sound 5.1 verse 2.0 with when using the ATV? Thanks!

precator

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2007
Nevermind I figured it out.

On another note I have a Bose surround sound system. Is there any way to make the sound 5.1 verse 2.0 with when using the ATV? Thanks!

what did you do to figure it out? I am having the same issue.

pmart

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
what did you do to figure it out? I am having the same issue.

I just unplugged my ATV and closed itunes, then started all over again. tried that once before and it didn't work but the next time did. Hopefully it doesn't do this again!

spice weasel

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2003
I just unplugged my ATV and closed itunes, then started all over again. tried that once before and it didn't work but the next time did. Hopefully it doesn't do this again!

I hope so too, since I have recently begun having intermittent problems with Home Sharing. Actually, the first problem I had was with Netflix just randomly quitting on me and giving me an error that the site was down. I confirmed that everything on Netflix's end was fine by streaming content via my computer and my PS3. I did a restore on the ATV2 and it has been working more or less okay since then, but on occasion I'll get a movie that will hang. I never have this problem on the PS3.

Yesterday the Home Sharing problem started. I went to the computer and Home Sharing was turned on and iTunes was running. I quit and restarted iTunes, but that didn't work. I had to turn Home Sharing off and then back on again, and that seemed to do the trick in getting my music to stream to my ATV2 again.

The other issue I have is that my ATV2 will only recognize some of my Aperture albums for the screen saver. No matter what I do, I can't get it to recognize a handful of albums I have.

I really like the second gen ATV, even more than the first gen I had, but these problems are starting to get annoying.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2007
Mine is OVER-working. I turn home sharing off and it still sends my videos to ATV. :(

CuppyCake

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2010
Washington, DC
My home sharing never worked. I have my music on a hard drive attached to my pc but Apple on recognized the laptop for the original source of my library.

Apple tech could not determine the cause.:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.