Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
This is my first conforming using cinema tools and I have changed a original 60fps 720p clip to 24fps.

I have now decided that in fact it looks better in 60fps (realtime). I don't think I can get it back in Cinema Tools.

What would be the best way to get the footage back to realtime?

matteusclement

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2008
victoria
i don't think you will be able to or else there wouldn't be a need to have a 60fps mode on cameras cause you could just do it in post.
twixtor?

handsome pete

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2008
i don't think you will be able to or else there wouldn't be a need to have a 60fps mode on cameras cause you could just do it in post.
twixtor?

That's not quite how it all works.

Say you're working with 1 second of footage. When conforming 60fps footage to 24fps, you're basically telling your computer that you want your 1 second 60 frame clip played over 2.4 seconds. That's where the slow motion comes in.

You're not losing any information by conforming in Cinema tools. You're merely affecting the playback speed. So you can go back to 60p because you still have all of the original frames that were captured. You just told them to play back at different rate.

You should be able to drop your conformed 24fps footage into a 60p timeline and set the speed of the clip to about 250%.

A tool like Twixtor interpolates information that isn't there to begin with. That isn't the case here.

I don't know if there is a method like conforming through Cinema Tools though.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2006
I don't know if there is a method like conforming through Cinema Tools though.

Thanks,

These clips aren't really for a film but for more of a momento to keep in my lightroom. Therefore do you think the easiest way would be to speed it up in Final Cut then export it again and re-import into Lightroom?

I will remember to duplicate the clip before conforming next time!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.