Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Simple as the thread title suggests really...

A bit of background, I already have some B&O Form 2s, the sound is *shrugs* ok, but they've gone back for repair and i'm getting the itch for a second pair of good and robust headphones (can't stand ear buds and even worse those ones that drill into your head) So I'm swaying between the 225 or 325 for a decent audio experience. I'm kind of terrified that i'll order a pair of 325s and they'll come in chrome (ugh) which i've read is their new style? Now, I'm not a huge audiophile, but I do appreciate good music and sound.

I've leant toward the Grado's because they're ... open (I like to hear what's going on around me, especially if i'm on the move), been told are excellent, have a really nice classic look, and as shallow as it is - in the UK are a totally obscure brand among the populace (look at me, trying to be individual)

Primarily they would probably be at-home cans for films and music, (it's either these or some Bose Companion 5s for my mac) and perhaps in the office (I only have my iPod at about 20-25% volume at work, again so I can hear what's going on around me.) Anyone who has a pair of Grados, is the leakage that bad from these open cans that it would annoy those around me even at low volumes?

So my learned friends, would you recommend someone like me, who doesn’t consider himself a true audiophile to get the 325s over the 225s? And if you have any other obscure options in that range, I would be happy to hear them!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.