PDA

View Full Version : Rev B 128 SSD adapter?

weespeed
Feb 3, 2011, 06:25 PM
I was doing some house cleaning and found an old 128 SSD that came out of my Rev B Air.

Was thinking of using it in another machine and was wondering if there was an adapter that will allow it to fit a 2.5 inch SATA bay.

So I need a ZIF-LIF to Sata. Do they make such a thing, and will it work?

Thanks

wressus
Feb 3, 2011, 06:27 PM
Maybe its worth more to sell it on ebay, and just buy a SSD for the money you get? Those 1.8" SSD costs alot to buy...

weespeed
Feb 3, 2011, 06:43 PM
That's a good idea too.
But I've had it so long and don't have the air anymore. Wanted to see if it still even works. Hate selling stuff I'm not 100% sure is still good.
Would still like to find an adapter.

wressus
Feb 4, 2011, 05:20 AM
That's a good idea too.
But I've had it so long and don't have the air anymore. Wanted to see if it still even works. Hate selling stuff I'm not 100% sure is still good.
Would still like to find an adapter.

The first result on google perhaps? http://store.era-ele.com/ziflif-ce-18-hdd-to-serialata-sata-hdd-adapter-p-251.html

Scottsdale
Feb 4, 2011, 07:29 AM
Like the other poster said, you're much better off selling it. You can use that premium pricing from the 1.8" SATA LIF specifically for the MBA, and get a lot more value by buying a 2.5" Intel SSD with the money from selling the MBA. You might be able to get a 2.5" 160GB Intel SSD for the same price as you sell the 1.8" MBA SSD.

Good luck.

weespeed
Feb 4, 2011, 06:12 PM
@wressus
I've done a lot of research and it all points to no adapter out there. Apple in its infinite wisdom decided that Rev B and C use SATA-LIF, which no one uses and so therefore semi-proprietary.

@Scottsdale
I think that's my next plan of action but I'm not sure if it's still good. It's been in my drawer for 2 years. Plus I think I still have stuff on it. Just need a way to look into it and erase it if possible. Any ideas? I don't know anyone that has an older Air for me to try.

I was gonna buy the usb adapter from runcore, but from what I read it had issues and they don't even have it anymore. Been back ordered forever.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.