PDA

View Full Version : ************.com banner from googlesyndication.com

arogge
Feb 6, 2005, 11:40 PM
I've been noticing this spamvertized site popping up elsewhere, but why is it on MR? I'd like a free Mac Mini, so I clicked on the link. Does this click-through send money to MR?

arn
Feb 7, 2005, 06:28 AM
(ad edited out)

Yeah, these ads are provided through the ad network. We don't directly choose the ads.

arn

maxterpiece
Feb 7, 2005, 01:33 PM
(ad edited out)

Yeah, these ads are provided through the ad network. We don't directly choose the ads.

arn

Do you make commision on a "per click" basis or do people have to actually sign up for the offer?

arn
Feb 7, 2005, 01:44 PM
Do you make commision on a "per click" basis or do people have to actually sign up for the offer?

We make money based on interested consumers seeing ads they are interested in. :)

And we could get very penalized for good-intentioned users trying to "help" the site. So, behave as you normally would...

arn

arogge
Feb 7, 2005, 06:50 PM
I tried to register with this site, but all I got was another login window. The site claims that my e-mail address is registered, but it won't take my address and password. I tried to get it to send my password to the registered e-mail address, but I haven't received it. Maybe it's because I didn't click the checkboxes for "I would like to receive promotional emails from third-parties" and "I would like to receive promotional emails from Gratis Internet." It looks like user 14148107 won't be adding a new "downline" member. :rolleyes: