PDA

View Full Version : iPad full screen video without controls?

mrl72
Feb 4, 2011, 08:05 PM
I'm starting to think about doing an intro to my app that will be designed and rendered in After Effects. Is it possible to show video/mp4 in portrait mode without any controls whatsoever? So basically as app starts it will play a brief animation (video) for a few seconds before the app starts. Sound f/x will be required so I can't do it as still frames that are animated. Think "The Daily" app opening scene for an idea of what I mean.

Cheers.

chown33
Feb 4, 2011, 08:16 PM
I'm starting to think about doing an intro to my app that will be designed and rendered in After Effects. Is it possible to show video/mp4 in portrait mode without any controls whatsoever? So basically as app starts it will play a brief animation (video) for a few seconds before the app starts. Sound f/x will be required so I can't do it as still frames that are animated. Think "The Daily" app opening scene for an idea of what I mean.

What purpose would this animation serve?

Is it attempting to hide an unavoidable delay? Exactly how long is this delay? What have you done to reduce the delay?

If it's not hiding a delay, why would a user want to see it, instead of seeing whatever your app is actually providing?

http://daringfireball.net/2011/02/the_daily_wait

mrl72
Feb 4, 2011, 08:44 PM
That's irrelevant. I'd just like to know if it's possible.

Thanks.

dejo
Feb 4, 2011, 11:46 PM
Yes, it's possible.