Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Hey guys.

Recently I noticed a lot of my photo albums were missing on my iPad, and the remaining albums were missing a lot of pictures. Usually I would have all photos on my iPad, so this seems like some new iTunes bug...

So I connect my iPad to iTunes and go to the photos tab to check it out, and next to each album it either says either says "0" pictures or a much smaller number than the album actually contains. When I open iPhoto everything is normal - it says 852 pics for instance on one photo album which iTunes only thinks contains 190 pics.

Why did so many of my pictures suddenly turn invisible to iTunes? I know I can just sync the actual photo folders on my comp instead of iPhotos folder but by doing so I will not get "faces" on my iPad/iPhone.

Can anyone help?

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; da-dk) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

This is probably the first time people on macrumors haven't been able to help me :)

Birsay

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2011
Hi Fexlien,

Sorry I can't help--I have the same problem. I didn't see your post earlier, so I started a new thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=12643733&#post12643733

I really hope there's a way to fix this. I have tens of thousands of pictures and bought iPhoto to organize all of the "keepers" and be able to sync them with my iPhone. I've been trying all kinds of things but can't seem to get anywhere.

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
The recent issue I had with iTunes/iPhoto was it displaying an old library, turned out to be a temporary library file was been used by iPhoto and the normal library file was being used by iTunes, sorry I cant remember the filename as I don't have my mini in front of me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.