Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cootersgarage6

Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
I remember when the ages before the MacBook Air.. When there were only two MacBooks to choose from. Everyone thought before then that Apple wasn't likely to add a new computer to the line... But, three laptops isn't enough, even now.
So, Don't post nasty threads at me, be serious for once.... I think they should really add a new laptop to the line... I mean seriously, 3 laptop? your not serious? Lol. There the only company with only 3 laptops....

Last edited by a moderator:

orfeas0

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2010
Athens, Greece
I remember when the ages before the MacBook Air.. When there were only two MacBooks to choose from. Everyone thought before then that Apple wasn't likely to add a new computer to the line... But, three laptops isn't enough, even now.
So, Don't post nasty threads at me, be serious for once.... I think they should really add a new laptop to the line... I mean seriously, 3 laptop? your not serious? Lol. There the only company with only 3 laptops....

3 laptops?
Let's count together
Macbook air 11" = 1st
Macbook air 13" = 2nd
White macbook 13"=3d
Macbook Pro 13" = 4th
Macbook pro 15" = 5th
Macbook pro 17" = 6th
That's 6 laptops, not 3. Plus the BTO options, but I wouldn't count those.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
Why should they? They're doing fine as they are. They only have 1 phone model and 1 tablet model but no one would argue that their iOS department isn't doing well.

cootersgarage6

Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
The models I have in mind

Yes, you're right. The three models are great, and they are doing better than ever with them, growing faster than any other computer company in the world, from the Mac itself.

The thing is, with a new laptop to choose from, it would be great. I mean, I was really considering a net-book. The iPad is no net-book, it runs iOS... it's a tablet with iPod/iPhone software. If it ran OSX, I would maybe think of it as a tablet.

More laptops I was thinking of would be these
*A cross-breed between The Macbook Pro and Macbook Air. For LOTS of power in the form of the Air. The Air does fine, but no video editing or anything should be done on it.
*A gaming laptop. The MacBook Pro can game, but it's in no means a "gaming-computer" When I mean gaming computer, I don't mean a computer for the Halo nerds, lol, I mean a computer that cane play actual games like Black-Ops, and play HD movies at no lag. Not the normal HD videos that we play now, but a real HD screen like the Alieanwares. The Alieanwares are overpriced pieces of crap, they just have the best HD screens in the world.
*A Laptop that does like....... BLURAY...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 28, 2010
located
*A cross-breed between The Macbook Pro and Macbook Air. For LOTS of power in the form of the Air. The Air does fine, but no video editing or anything should be done on it.
Have you thought about the Thermal Design Power (TDP) yet? And the MacBook Air can run video editing applications, even FCP.
*A gaming laptop. The MacBook Pro can game, but it's in no means a "gaming-computer" When I mean gaming computer, I don't mean a computer for the Halo nerds, lol, I mean a computer that cane play actual games like Black-Ops, and play HD movies at no lag. Not the normal HD videos that we play now, but a real HD screen like the Alieanwares. The Alieanwares are overpriced pieces of crap, they just have the best HD screens in the world.
One can game with the current line of MacBook Pros, I could even play COD6 on my 2009 MBP.
And I can watch 1080p video on it.

Not going to happen. But that is another discussion.

orfeas0

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2010
Athens, Greece

*That's easily doable. Remove the white macbook (or the aluminium 13"), rename the new 13-15-17" macbook pros to just "macbooks", and make a new line , a bit thicker, better gaming specs, called macbook pro.
*All current macbooks can play HD movies at no lag.
*Who buys blu-ray disks...? You can still download HD movies and watch them on macbooks. Oh and if you're calling alienware overprices, you should call apple that too :)
About the screen, I believe macbooks have 1 of the best laptop screens in the world, although I haven't seen an alienware laptop live before, so I can't compare.
In 3 years max, the optical disk drives will be gone from macbooks. There's just no use for them any more. They can just put the software/movies in flash chips, no need for disks... I mean a blu-ray movie costs like 30-40$, it's not hard to sell a flash usb with the movie at that price...

rjbruce

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I went to the asus website a couple days ago to see what sandy bridge laptops they had. What I found was 86 different series of notebooks and no simple way to figure out which model was the latest or who it was targeting as an end user. My point is there is a simplicity to Apple's lineup that benefits the customer. Most users can pick a screen size and know that machine will do everything they want. Power users can use the BTO options to spec out the machine for what they'll use it for. There is no ambiguity in a T, K, KV, etc, etc line which I've really come to appreciate.

You don't need 31 flavors if your chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry are the best in the world.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.