PDA

View Full Version : HP LP2475w monitor problems with G4 dual 800 PowerMac

Murphisto
Feb 6, 2011, 07:42 AM
Just bought a new monitor, a Hewlett Packard LP2475w 24" widescreen 1920 x 1200 resolution. It seems to work just fine as a second monitor to my MacBook Pro via the mini display port but absolutely no joy with the old PowerMac.

The PowerMac is a dual 800Mhz quicksilver model with an NVidia GeForce 2 MX with twinview and 64 Mb of SD ram. It has an ADC port and a VGA port.

I've tried using the VGA port and the monitor can't detect a signal. Can't use the ADC port without some kind of adapter, should I get one and if so, where from.

Could it be a driver issue with the graphics card, if so I can't seem to find any updates apart from those that handle Apple display compatibility. Or, more worryingly, does the graphics card not support the monitor?

Please help

skinniezinho
Feb 6, 2011, 10:26 AM
what are you using to connect to the graphic card?vga cable or dvi+vga adapter?
because on this pic (of your monitor) I can't see any vga port:
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/images/hp_lp2475w/P1010994.JPG

Murphisto
Feb 6, 2011, 11:41 AM
I'm using the supplied VGA to DVI cable

Murphisto
Feb 6, 2011, 11:51 AM
The HP instructions are quite specific about which DVI port to use but I have tried both, just in case.

skinniezinho
Feb 6, 2011, 12:04 PM
I don't know,but I guess that the dvi to vga cable works like an adapter,and may be conflicting.
As you said,maybe you will need and adc to dvi ocnverter,but wait for the opinion of the experts ;)