Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sultansaadat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
Pakistan
Hi,
Guys, I want to buy SSD for my macbook pro core i5 model and additional ram upgrade. What are the recommendations for Ram 8gb and SSD>256gb.

Vice92

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2009
Got any links, GGJStudios?
Lol. Isn't it just easier to help?

You'll be better off financially and probably performance wise if you buy the MBP w/o RAM or SSD upgrade, then go to macsales.com and get them both from there.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
RAM

If you don't need the SSD right now, wait. 25nm SSDs should be out soon and that should lower the prices, especially if you're in market for a big SSD

Gen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Go with Crucial on ram, newegg.com

I'd wait to see what Intel has offered up for their upcoming G3 line of SSD drives

NickZac

macrumors 68000
Dec 11, 2010
Getting a 34nm drive still isn't a bad idea. You can get RAM upgrades for a cheap at $40, and brand name seems to not matter. Intel may very well clear out their existing SSDs and they are fantastic systems. Crucial sometimes has sales of RAM + SSD + bulk discount. OWC does similar things but they just put the individual items on sale...sometimes really big sales.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.