Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
If your not super paranoid about theft, I think they drop parcels off in 'hidden' locations if you contact them in advance.

digitard

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2004
Gilbert, AZ
If your not super paranoid about theft, I think they drop parcels off in 'hidden' locations if you contact them in advance.

Not to mention it depends on where you live, and the package size.

Most of the time they try to stick it somewhere pretty secure (they normally put mine through my security gate) or out of the way, but if you're in an apartment or something I could see this week being a prime time for people to box snatch if left out front.

Also remember: These are sent OVERNIGHT. Which means they require a delivery signature. If you, or someone there, can't sign they wont leave it unless you put a note on the door asking them to w/ your signature.

So if you don't do that it'll just be delivered the next day, or you can leave a note to pick it up at your local UPS office (or call them and set it up for that).

digitard

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2004
Gilbert, AZ
I hate how my local UPS truck driver can't learn to knock/ring the damn door(bell).

haha both UPS and Fedex does that to me sometimes or they ring the bell and I rush out and they're already in the truck and getting the hell out of dodge. lol.

Normally, though, it's on really small packages they can put over my archway gate w/ ease.

Anything w/ a signature I give them props. It takes me a second to get out (I have an archway leading to my front w/ a security gate, and that leads to a hallway to my front door) and they've always been waiting still. Never had to get a next day cause they took off before I could get out.
**knock on wood**

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
Sometimes, UPS out here has a driver that.. you can hear him yelling profanities before you hear the engine roar of the truck. :D He thinks he's a gangsta rapper or something.. :D:D:D:eek::rolleyes:

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
Sometimes, UPS out here has a driver that.. you can hear him yelling profanities before you hear the engine roar of the truck. :D He thinks he's a gangsta rapper or something.. :D:D:D:eek::rolleyes:

What do you think happened to all the 80's gansta rappers? Some of them are UPS drivers. :D

landscapeman

macrumors regular
May 26, 2010
SW Florida
Sounds like I am the only one with a good UPS area. The only bad thing about it is, I do not have a story about a gangsta UPS driver. That is funny. lol

elan123

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
I hate how my local UPS truck driver can't learn to knock/ring the damn door(bell).
543.jpg

This is true...

Why the F do they do this????????????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.