Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sugi209

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
:confused: Hi guys,

This is my first post. I'l be getting my new MBA 13" soon, hopefully this Wednesday. So far, I bought Bodyguardz whole body protection for my new MBA and moshi keyboard protector. I've been going crazy looking for the sleeve/bag for it. Any suggestion? If you guys have any suggestion for the accessories too, plz post it....

Thank you.

Last edited:

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
I have this InCase sleeve. Even though it's designed for 13" MBP, 13" MBA fits there perfectly. The InCase sleeve for MBA isn't that nice IMO as it doesn't have a zipper.

Sugi209

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
I have this InCase sleeve. Even though it's designed for 13" MBP, 13" MBA fits there perfectly. The InCase sleeve for MBA isn't that nice IMO as it doesn't have a zipper.

Thanks for the reply. That one does look nice. Imma think about it. You're right, the Incase sleeve for MBA, is not quite nice and beside that they are out of stock. :)

Blazer5913

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2004

I have the same case and agree with this 100%. Although you may save a few millimeters with the MBA designed case, its just not as practical and from what I hear, extremely hard to get it in and out... that's what she said. Anyways, the case works great. Although I didn't originally intend to actually use it on my MBA, I'm sure glad I am. Enjoy the computer, not sure what you're coming from but I was on a 2006 MacBook Pro and this thing was a much needed speed bump. Insanely fast!

satchx

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2011
Take a look at WaterField (sfbags.com) SleeveCase. MBA model comes purpose built to fit exact model, fit & finish are fantastic, price reasonable.

http://sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/sleevecases.php

Downside is if you're looking for a true sleeve you might consider it a bit bulky. For me, it fits perfectly inside my every-day laptop bag and has the bonus feature of being well-built/padded enough so serve as a standalone case when I want to just carry my lappy under an arm or throw it in the car.

Highly recommended.

Sugi209

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Take a look at WaterField (sfbags.com) SleeveCase. MBA model comes purpose built to fit exact model, fit & finish are fantastic, price reasonable.

http://sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/sleevecases.php

Downside is if you're looking for a true sleeve you might consider it a bit bulky. For me, it fits perfectly inside my every-day laptop bag and has the bonus feature of being well-built/padded enough so serve as a standalone case when I want to just carry my lappy under an arm or throw it in the car.

Highly recommended.

I like how you customize your order from this website. And I think the price is right. Thanks

"serve as a standalone case when I want to just carry my lappy under an arm or throw it in the car". I don't know if I'll be throwing my $1800 MBA around my car though? LOL:)

gdeputy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
New York
I'm currently torn between the hard candy bubble sleeve (had it for ipad, awesome sleeve that is hard, and very protective) or a ColcaSac Sleeve (soft sleeve, but really nice and eco-friendly).

Can't decide, arghh!!

Sugi209

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
I'm currently torn between the hard candy bubble sleeve (had it for ipad, awesome sleeve that is hard, and very protective) or a ColcaSac Sleeve (soft sleeve, but really nice and eco-friendly).

Can't decide, arghh!!

If I were you, I would go with the hard candy bubble sleeve. The Colcasac looks nice on the outside, although it's ecofriendly, IMO, the white lining inside would get dirty. What do you think?:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.