Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noodlelegs

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2010
Anyone who has received your Verizon iPhone - have you tried any of the old AT&T iPhone cases on your phone? Which ones worked, which ones didn't? Specifically these two: the clear incase iphone case that apple gave away in its free case program, and the incipio feather.

Onthelo

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2011
Santa Clara - Bay Area
SGP Neo Hybrid EX Series Infinity white bumper with the black silicone insert from my Reventon yellow case. Icarbons white carbon white back skin, power support anti-glare screen shield. Enjoy!

395035602.jpg

395035600.jpg

395035917.jpg

Last edited:

Matt336

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Anyone who has received your Verizon iPhone - have you tried any of the old AT&T iPhone cases on your phone? Which ones worked, which ones didn't? Specifically these two: the clear incase iphone case that apple gave away in its free case program, and the incipio feather.

When I talked to Incipio today, they said all of their cases except for the feather will work.

possumwater

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2010
Just ordered my white backing like yours. I hope the SGP bumper gets updated to center it. I'll wait and see if they are going to do that prior to me ordering the bumper. The front cover for yours, you like it a lot? I'm thinking of ordering one of those too.

Mr. Incredible

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2010
Southern California
SGP Neo Hybrid EX Series Infinity white bumper with the black silicone insert from my Reventon yellow case. Icarbons white carbon white back skin, power support anti-glare screen shield. Enjoy!

395035602.jpg

395035600.jpg

395035917.jpg
Verizon iPhone?! Sweet!

Has the bumper helped with the death grip issue? Have you experienced any dropped calls so far?

Where did you get your white skin/shield from?

I'm also thinking of getting the white sgp neo hybrid ex, but I'm thinking with this skin, what do you think?

http://www.gelaskins.com/store/skins/phones/iPhone_4/Tokyo

(Ps. No, not asian. Just love sushi and lexus, lol).

Onthelo

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2011
Santa Clara - Bay Area
Just ordered my white backing like yours. I hope the SGP bumper gets updated to center it. I'll wait and see if they are going to do that prior to me ordering the bumper. The front cover for yours, you like it a lot? I'm thinking of ordering one of those too.

yeah i like the white carbon look so far rocked it this morning and people were looking or maybe casue my hair was a mess..lol.. yeah i have carbon for the front but did not install yet, just have the anti-glare screen shield, not sure about the white carbon front yet so i may install it tomorrow. I wish the hole lined up better but to be honest if they were to make it bigger there would be no plastic left so it may be like one big slot for all the buttons there i like how it is just gotta use the finger nail to mute

Onthelo

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2011
Santa Clara - Bay Area
Verizon iPhone?! Sweet!

Has the bumper helped with the death grip issue? Have you experienced any dropped calls so far?

Where did you get your white skin/shield from?

I'm also thinking of getting the white sgp neo hybrid ex, but I'm thinking with this skin, what do you think?

http://www.gelaskins.com/store/skins/phones/iPhone_4/Tokyo

(Ps. No, not asian. Just love sushi and lexus, lol).

Yeah Verizon iphone4. I have not experienced any dropped calls yet but i do have fairly strong verizon service in my area, my back skin is white carbon fiber from icarbons, the front shield is power support anti-glare. I like that skin your looking at, what i like is whatever skin combo you put its clean with the neo ex case because of the rubber lip that goes over the glass edge makes it really clean looking imo..

jlax55

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2011
do the volume buttons on the sgp fit perfectly? Or is there a slight bulge

Sputnek

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
Florida - Ohio
If anyone orders via SGP, do it through Amazon - SGP and not their direct website. For some reason if you do it through Amazon you get free shipping, but if you do it through their website they will charge you for basic shipping. Good luck!

jbromer

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MD, USA
When I talked to Incipio today, they said all of their cases except for the feather will work.

According to their website, the feather is fine, except for the glossy clear "color." Since the case has a large cut-out for the mute switch and volume buttons, this makes sense...

pipesta

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2011
I picked up an Incase Slider from Best Buy tonight to hole me over for a few weeks.

possumwater

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2010
yeah i like the white carbon look so far rocked it this morning and people were looking or maybe casue my hair was a mess..lol.. yeah i have carbon for the front but did not install yet, just have the anti-glare screen shield, not sure about the white carbon front yet so i may install it tomorrow. I wish the hole lined up better but to be honest if they were to make it bigger there would be no plastic left so it may be like one big slot for all the buttons there i like how it is just gotta use the finger nail to mute

That's awesome. I was going to order the whole kit but decided back only bc yours look so nice that way. I may end up ordering the white bumper you have now too but I really want to wait for the new one. You can get them on eBay for 15$ but they are shipped from China. (I cant wait that long) I may end up ordering one directly.

Thanks for the pix! Sold me on the look for sure!

possumwater

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2010
So, the black under the white bumper...I wont get that unless I buy a different color too huh? That sucks :(

Onthelo

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2011
Santa Clara - Bay Area
So, the black under the white bumper...I wont get that unless I buy a different color too huh? That sucks :(

yeah the white one comes with white. What i would do and have done is order an optional color you want that has the black silicone ring and then you can just buy the white band .. the band alone is 9.99 and the complete case is 29.99. Then you will have an extra band and the black silicone your looking for;)

azelaya84

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2010
I just set my sisters vzw iphone up and the incipio syllicrilic works ok with it so did the casecrown glider, and seidio innocase slider. I still have to try some of my other cases out to see if they fit.

possumwater

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2010
yeah the white one comes with white. What i would do and have done is order an optional color you want that has the black silicone ring and then you can just buy the white band .. the band alone is 9.99 and the complete case is 29.99. Then you will have an extra band and the black silicone your looking for;)

Sweet, thx for the heads up. I'll order it tomorrow!

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010

I did that a while ago on my phone too with the SGP white leather back, looks quite nice. And your combo with the CF looks nice as well, pretty much the same look as the white leather back.

Onthelo

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2011
Santa Clara - Bay Area
I did that a while ago on my phone too with the SGP white leather back, looks quite nice. And your combo with the CF looks nice as well, pretty much the same look as the white leather back.

def. i love it so far still not sure about the front carbon white I have it just not decided to install yet.. hmmm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.