Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonoColesUK

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
London UK
Hy there

I just ran a searchy on this but couldnt find much.

I am currently in my last year of school and moving on to uni in October. I need a piece of software that will allow me to create word documents. I only recently switched to mac (december 04) and am used to MS word so anything similar would be usefull (i know the shorcuts are different lol)

thanking you all in advance

Jono

:D

russed

macrumors 68000
Jan 16, 2004
how about microsoft office 2004 for mac? get it on the education pricing and its pretty cheap!

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
You can get Word for your Mac or the full Office 2004... you can also get an substantial educational discount as you're still at college.

You can download a trial version here.

You can also use TextEdit to create basic documents that you can save as in Word format.

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2003
UK
Blue Velvet said:
You can get Word for your Mac or the full Office 2004... you can also get an substantial educational discount as you're still at college.

You can download a trial version here.

You can also use TextEdit to create basic documents that you can save as in Word format.

So it's possible to buy just Word for mac and not the entire Office suit? How much is that, I haven't seen that around anywhere?

cmvsm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2004
Just get the entire suite. Its only about $129 bucks if you get the discount, and the Mac version is much better than the Windows version. Haven't figured that one out just yet. Anyway, you'll probably need the other programs down the road. Who doesn't use Excel?

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
as i've mentioned before... wait until you actually goto college... sometimes they offer even better prices on software. for example, i got office 2004 for the mac for a measley $45 from college, just includes a cd and a serial number as it's a site license, not exactly mine, but as long as i goto school there it is perfectly legal to use. definitely an option, but again, you would need to talk to your university and see if they offer anything like this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.