Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
To be honest, I'm getting a bit tired of hearing about the Cell processor. It's all hype, it may blow everything else away on paper today, but in two years or so, when it's actually on the market, it's probably not going to be so special. See: PS2 for a prime example. Emotion Engine? Yeah, whatever you say...

(I'm not saying the PS2 sucks, I own one and play on it alot, I'm just saying it's not technically that impressive.)

Macaddicttt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2004
San Diego, CA
We really need to get people to stop speculating about the cell processor and Apple until we actually see some proof of a connection. Can we get some proof of Apple thinking about this cell processor before people start proclaiming the 4GHz G6?

relimw

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2004
SC
Macaddicttt said:
We really need to get people to stop speculating about the cell processor and Apple until we actually see some proof of a connection. Can we get some proof of Apple thinking about this cell processor before people start proclaiming the 4GHz G6?

You didn't hear?!? Apple is releasing the MacCell 4.2GHz machine at WWDC this year.

I can't believe you hadn't heard that yet..... :eek:

:D

relimw

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2004
SC
Don't panic said:

Well, that's one of the sillier things I've heard this month. Almost as bad as all the Powerbook G5 threads. (You know the ones, pb G5s out this tuesday!).

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.