Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deano411

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2010
Does anyone here play minecraft on there mac?
I'm just about to buy it but for some reason the 'in browser' version only works on safari, and not google chrome?

I've read lots of horror stories (obviously it only being in a beta mode it's prone to bugs)

tmagman

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2010
Calgary AB
I play it using the stand alone downloadable java version and it runs great. No problems at all with it. I also do play it once in a while in chrome and it runs fine.

foiden

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2008
I generally play the java standalone version. Beta here. Even runs nicely on my 13" 2010 MBA.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Does anyone here play minecraft on there mac?
I'm just about to buy it but for some reason the 'in browser' version only works on safari, and not google chrome?

I've read lots of horror stories (obviously it only being in a beta mode it's prone to bugs)

I have it and it was great at first. It does get a tiny bit boring though. I was really into it too - drew out maps of my world and built bases in each major region, all connected by an elaborate network of trains. My goal was to build a train track heading north that stretched as far as I could possibly make it.

But, eh, just got bored of it. I keep heading back once a month to check out the updates.

ApexBoost

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2011
America's High Five
The best way to avoid getting bored is finding a good server and playing online. If you get a good server with good people the fun is endless. You can do anything from just build/mine to PVP. I'm just a MineCraft fanboy though. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.