PDA

View Full Version : Any way to move my jailbroken AppleTV2 without loosing network

djrobsd
Feb 8, 2011, 02:33 PM
I have had zero luck with my AppleTV2, unplugging it and moving it from the bedroom to living room. Every time I unplug, I have to re-jailbreak the device to get networking back , and then reinstall XBMC.

When I move it, and do the tethered boot, I just get the message that there is no network connection, whether I use ethernet or wireless. No wireless networks show up when I go to view networks. Once I re-jailbreak the device, everything works fine, but then I have to reinstall XBMC, re enter my login info for netflix, re enter my itunes info, etc.. :(

margotspop
Feb 8, 2011, 04:33 PM
I have had zero luck with my AppleTV2, unplugging it and moving it from the bedroom to living room. Every time I unplug, I have to re-jailbreak the device to get networking back , and then reinstall XBMC.

When I move it, and do the tethered boot, I just get the message that there is no network connection, whether I use ethernet or wireless. No wireless networks show up when I go to view networks. Once I re-jailbreak the device, everything works fine, but then I have to reinstall XBMC, re enter my login info for netflix, re enter my itunes info, etc.. :(

You should check out the forums (http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?f=137) over on XBMC - this seems to be a pretty common problem for which, I think, there is a solution. Good luck.