PDA

View Full Version : Portenzo Customer Service Let Me Down

MrMinor
Feb 9, 2011, 08:37 AM
After doing my research I had decided that Portenzo seemed like the best case for me. I had heard great things about their case as well as their customer service. You can imagine my surprise then when I emailed them a question and received no response back. I thought maybe it was a mistake so I wrote to them on their Facebook page as well. Over two weeks later and I still have not gotten any response at all. Portenzo has lost my sale (not that they seem to care). I went with a Vintcase instead. Vintcase was great at responding to my emails and I really appreciate that. They have been excellent in letting me know when I can expect to get my case.

MrMinor
Feb 9, 2011, 10:15 AM
I feel I must post a follow up post here. After I made this thread I wrote to Portenzo again to let them know of my disappointment. This time I did receive a response. I was told of technical issues they have had over the past few days. While that would not excuse not getting back to me email from over 2 weeks ago (not a couple of days), I do understand that things do get lost in the shuffle sometimes. He also let me know that the Facebook page is not actively monitored. My thoughts are if you are going to bother having a Facebook page then you should keep up with it as customers have no way of knowing if you are actively monitoring it or not.

In any event, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. All other posts about them that I have read have been positive so maybe I just caught them on an off day. If my Vintcase does not work out then I will probably buy a Portenzo.

jcb19
Feb 9, 2011, 12:46 PM
.....I went with a Vintcase instead. Vintcase was great at responding to my emails and I really appreciate that. They have been excellent in letting me know when I can expect to get my case.

I'd be greatly interested in a personal review once you receive the Vintcase and detailed photos if you are able. Looks to be a beautiful piece of work, but would like some feeback from an actual user.

MrMinor
Feb 9, 2011, 02:29 PM
I will be happy to provide that feedback. According to Vintcase I should have it by the end of the month. My wife is buying me the iPad though and she might be slower than Vintcase. I will make sure to post pictures and a review when I am able though.