PDA

View Full Version : AT&T Launches Unlimited 'Mobile to Any Mobile' Calling, Requires Unlimited Messaging

MacRumors
Feb 9, 2011, 10:07 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2011/02/09/atandt-launches-unlimited-mobile-to-any-mobile-calling-requires-unlimited-messaging/)

http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/02/09/110615-att_logo.jpg

In what could be viewed as yet another bid by AT&T to keep customers from defecting to the Verizon iPhone, the carrier today announced (http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=19039&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=31589) that it will launch tomorrow a new "Mobile to Any Mobile" feature allowing unlimited calling from AT&T phones to other mobile phones in the U.S., regardless of carrier.

The feature, which rolls out tomorrow, requires customers to be on a qualifying voice plan and to have an unlimited messaging plan, which costs $20 per month.Beginning Thursday, Mobile to Any Mobile will be available to new and existing AT&T customers with a qualifying voice plan who subscribe to unlimited messaging plans. Existing customers with an unlimited messaging plan can activate Mobile to Any Mobile by visiting www.att.com/anymobile. The URL will be available beginning Thursday.AT&T has been taking a series of steps to combat the threat posed by the Verizon iPhone, tweaking its tethering plans (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/02/02/atandt-to-bump-datapro-tethering-plan-to-4-gb-per-month/) to offer more data capacity and touting (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/02/05/atandts-answer-to-verizon-ads/) its network's ability to handle simultaneous voice and data.

Article Link: AT&T Launches Unlimited 'Mobile to Any Mobile' Calling, Requires Unlimited Messaging (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2011/02/09/atandt-launches-unlimited-mobile-to-any-mobile-calling-requires-unlimited-messaging/)

mikejd1
Feb 9, 2011, 10:25 AM
so this is only unlimited "to" any mobile, what about "From"

Drumjim85
Feb 9, 2011, 10:25 AM
I'm assuming this also works with unlimited family plan messaging.

countrydweller
Feb 9, 2011, 10:26 AM

One would hope so. :)

foodog
Feb 9, 2011, 10:31 AM

I know this is how Sprint's plans work. AT&T is looking better and better. Now if you could just stay connected long enough to carry on a conversation.

eric_n_dfw
Feb 9, 2011, 10:32 AM
Why is a calling feature tied to a messaging one?

someone28624
Feb 9, 2011, 10:34 AM
Nice. I wonder if the numbers the Google Voice app generates count as mobile numbers. This is really good for me, as some of my best friends are on Verizon.

soulreaver99
Feb 9, 2011, 10:38 AM
This is great! I just switched back to AT&T from sprint this weekend!!!

a.jfred
Feb 9, 2011, 11:53 AM
What I want to know is what do they consider a "qualified voice plan"?

JGruber
Feb 9, 2011, 11:56 AM
I'm hoping this document is right - http://www.ppcgeeks.com/2011/02/09/breaking-exclusive-news-att-will-offer-mobile-to-mobile-with-every-carrier-starting-tomorrow/

touchtone561
Feb 9, 2011, 11:58 AM

Probably cause they want to shakedown all the non-unlimited messenger customers with a new tiered messaging structure.

Perhaps, this new feature isn't a bad deal with A-List, etc.

Now if I had only more than 1.5 bars and an iPhone that didn't go toaster hot (not cylon) :D when I try to use it on the first floor of my home.

So when do you think the LTE Microcell(s) will arrive? [off topic]

xplnusa
Feb 9, 2011, 12:00 PM
I'm excited by this... Hopefully my plan will qualify..

Moyank24
Feb 9, 2011, 12:10 PM
This feature is long overdue, but better late than never I guess.

I think I can get used to this competition thing! Now I will wait patiently for my mobile hotspot.

mattwolfmatt
Feb 9, 2011, 12:12 PM
To me the rollover feature is my insurance plan. 450 isn't a lot, but the 1500 extra minutes in the bank allow me to not worry too much those months when I may call a little more than usual.

jaj1962
Feb 9, 2011, 12:17 PM
If you change your plan, you WILL lose any rollover minutes you have accumulated over the past year. Remember too that rollover minutes are only good for a year. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

techiegirl
Feb 9, 2011, 12:22 PM
You will loose your rollover minutes if you reduce your rate plan, but not if you increase it. Yes, rollover minutes expire after a year.

shays992000
Feb 9, 2011, 12:24 PM
You will only loose your rollover minutes if you switch plan types. Example from Family Talk to a single line plan. Changing minutes will not effect your roll over minutes.

Medinarem
Feb 9, 2011, 12:24 PM
Att on facebook said you must on the Att nation 450 &900 or the family 700 or higher to qualify and it's not cost additional for the service.

NinjaHERO
Feb 9, 2011, 12:26 PM
And this is why we wanted competition Mr Jobs. They battle and we all win.

BrentT
Feb 9, 2011, 12:26 PM
If you change your plan, you WILL lose any rollover minutes you have accumulated over the past year. Remember too that rollover minutes are only good for a year.

I don't see anything yet that would cause you to forfeit any minutes less than one-year old. From the press announcement: "Rollover Minutes: Unused Anytime Mins expire after the 12th billing period. Night & Weekend & Mobile to Mobile mins do not roll over." That is the same as the current policy. I have changed plans within AT&T over the past 3 years without losing any minutes.
We will have to see the fine print tomorrow. Although, with this new option, there is less need for rollover minutes if you talk to mostly other mobile phones (which is the case for me). It will be easier to accumulate minutes with this plan.

skeep5
Feb 9, 2011, 12:28 PM
well this kinda goes along with the A-list requirements, for A-list you have to have a high enough minute plan, and if you do, like me, you never end up using your minutes because everyone you call is on your A-list. So I have 9000 rollover minutes... sheesh. And if i drop down a level, I lose all my rollovers, pay a fee, then have to bump it back up the next month anyway. It's just a complicated way of making sure I don't go over my minutes.

So I'll add this new feature tomorrow, and in 3 months I'll have 12000 rollover minutes. Hurray, i guess. :rolleyes:

shays992000
Feb 9, 2011, 12:30 PM
Att on facebook said you must on the Att nation 450 &900 or the family 700 or higher to qualify and it's not cost additional for the service.

This will be interesting! If this is true then AT&T is also trying to get old subscribers off of their grandfathered plans......

iPhobic
Feb 9, 2011, 12:30 PM
How about unlimited data for $20/month? That would be a real treat. I barely use my calling minutes :cool:

a.jfred
Feb 9, 2011, 12:34 PM
And since we're not touching the data plan, those of us with the grandfathered unlimited data plan will still get to keep the unlimited data plan, n'est pas?

dotnsk
Feb 9, 2011, 12:36 PM

I'd imagine so it looks like people are getting something for "free" (I'd be willing to bet that most of their customers are already on an unlimited messaging plan, particularly if they're on a family plan) while still maintaining some semblance of profitability for the carrier (messaging plans are generally believed to be pure profit).

I'm excited about this feature, even if I don't truly *need* it. I'm on the lowest-tiered family plan right now and I have literally thousands of rollover minutes. Most of my friends and family are on AT&T (lots of iPhone users) and I don't call anyone all that often anyway. However, it's always nice to have yet another feature that establishes peace of mind. Plus, I hope this is the first in a long line of steps to reduce the overall cost of monthly service for AT&T users (unlikely, but I can dream...and perhaps a massive deflection to Verizon will help speed things along).

Plus, it's just another choice for users. I may not use my phone as a phone all that often, but lots of AT&T users do. I bet this reduces the overall cost of a plan for some iPhone users, particularly those on a family plan.

JasonR
Feb 9, 2011, 12:43 PM
Hope they do this on verizon as well. Is it unlimited calling TO and FROM cell phones?

tigres
Feb 9, 2011, 01:06 PM
well this kinda goes along with the A-list requirements, for A-list you have to have a high enough minute plan, and if you do, like me, you never end up using your minutes because everyone you call is on your A-list. So I have 9000 rollover minutes... sheesh. And if i drop down a level, I lose all my rollovers, pay a fee, then have to bump it back up the next month anyway. It's just a complicated way of making sure I don't go over my minutes.

So I'll add this new feature tomorrow, and in 3 months I'll have 12000 rollover minutes. Hurray, i guess. :rolleyes:

Well said, I was trying to think of a way to explain this useless plan, you just did it.
I too have 9500 r/o minutes, a family plan @1400 min/month.

If I drop, I loose the R/O, loose the top ten, and now flirt with overage.

Just another tactical way to spin it to look like they are doing everyone a favor. (those on higher plans** that is)

eNcrypTioN
Feb 9, 2011, 01:13 PM
ahhhh competition finally! It's about time...

DaveGee
Feb 9, 2011, 01:21 PM

Silly.... Messaging and Voice Calling go together just like .... Vodka and Prune Juice! :D

techiegirl
Feb 9, 2011, 01:26 PM
Regarding Rollover Minutes: If you reduce your minutes to a 700 minute plan, they will reduce your RO minutes from whatever you had to 700 minutes. If you call c/s (and ask nicely), they can let you keep up to 5000 RO minutes.

I've done it several times with no problems.

darwen
Feb 9, 2011, 01:28 PM
I'm suspicious of the TO any mobile. Does it differentiate incoming from outgoing?

tbluhp
Feb 9, 2011, 01:39 PM
why dose at&t want you to get unlimited messaging?

dstankus
Feb 9, 2011, 01:43 PM
why dose at&t want you to get unlimited messaging?

Because text messaging is almost pure profit for them.

PsyOpWarlord
Feb 9, 2011, 01:52 PM
Yes you do lose rollover minutes when changing from one rate plan to another if yo have more rolloever than what is included in the new rate plan.

You can use this FAQ and the chart shows all the details.

http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/main.jsp?t=solutionTab&ft=searchTab&ps=solutionPanels&locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&solutionId=52371&isSrch=Yes

You change plans and the accumulated Rollover Minutes in your existing plan exceed the number of Anytime minutes in your new plan

Example: You have 900 accumulated Rollover Minutes, and you move to a plan with 700 Anytime minutes. In this case, you will lose 200 Rollover Minutes.

Tshapi
Feb 9, 2011, 02:06 PM
I have a question.

what makes this new plan different from the UNlimited plan already in existence.

ATT. wants customers to upgrade to the unlimited messaging so they make more profit

BLUELION
Feb 9, 2011, 02:06 PM
This is what I found out today from ATT sales representative:

The new "mobile to Any mobile" feature requires you have an unlimited messageing plan. This means if you are at the 1000 message plan for $10, you need to upgrade to the $20 unlimited plan.
you also have to be on a qualifying phone plan such as the 450 min. or 900 min. per month calling plan.
Once you have the unlimited messaging and the qualifying plan, you can go to "att.com/anymobile" site and ask to be on the plan.
BUT!! if you have a roll-over minute balance, you will "reset" your R/O balance to the plan you opted for. That is, if you are currently on a 900 minute plan and you opt to downgrade to the 450 min. per month, and you have a balance of (for the same of example) 5000 minutes in R/O minutes, your balance will be lost and reset to 900 minutes.

Essentially, the "mobile to any mobile" feature creates an unlimited a-list with the lowest eligible plan....this is very good news for all of you.

For most people, who opt for this feature and wish to down grade to the 450 minute plan, will save $15. That is, you move from what normally be about $105 for a plan with: 900 minutes, 5 person A-list, 1500 messages per month, and a $30 data plan (assuming you are on an unlimited plan) to a plan with 450 minutes, unlimited a-list, unlimited messaging per moth and unlimited data at a cost of about $90 per month.

$15 saved by making some minor changes and reseting my R/O minutes is actually a good change to make for the savings.

theLimit
Feb 9, 2011, 02:08 PM

Hope they do this on verizon as well. Is it unlimited calling TO and FROM cell phones?

I'm suspicious of the TO any mobile. Does it differentiate incoming from outgoing?

From the press release (http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=19039&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=31589):

**Mobile to Any Mobile Calling - Available only with select Nation and FamilyTalk plans. Direct calls to & direct calls received from US mobile numbers only. Rollover Minutes: Unused Anytime Mins expire after the 12th billing period. Night & Weekend & Mobile to Mobile mins do not roll over.

jent
Feb 9, 2011, 02:19 PM
Here are the questions that remain to be officially answered:

• Which voice plans qualify and which don't?

• For those using Google Voice, is your own Google Voice number (since GV can be configured to call you) considered landline or mobile? What about the GV passthrough numbers for your non-GV contacts?

• So the A-list and rollover minutes essentially became useful only for U.S. landline numbers, correct?

a.jfred
Feb 9, 2011, 02:28 PM
Wouldn't you save more money, though, in a case like mine:

450 anytime minutes: $30
Unlimited Text: $20
Total: $50

Dropping to Unlimited text & m2AM, keeping current voice plan: $20

or am I completely reading that wrong (which isn't surprising, given a 60-hour work week & severe lack of sleep)?

BLUELION
Feb 9, 2011, 02:48 PM
Wouldn't you save more money, though, in a case like mine:

450 anytime minutes: $30
Total: $50

Dropping to Unlimited text & m2AM, keeping current voice plan: $20

or am I completely reading that wrong (which isn't surprising, given a 60-hour work week & severe lack of sleep)?

JFred,

seems like you have an older calling plan and presumably no smart phone?? If this is the case, you may qualify. Not so sure it is that low cost with people with smart phones.

tritonj
Feb 9, 2011, 02:52 PM
Here are the questions that remain to be officially answered:

• Which voice plans qualify and which don't?

• For those using Google Voice, is your own Google Voice number (since GV can be configured to call you) considered landline or mobile? What about the GV passthrough numbers for your non-GV contacts?

• So the A-list and rollover minutes essentially became useful only for U.S. landline numbers, correct?

the fine print states it has to be a direct mobile number, so Google Voice probably doesn't qualify

JRoDDz
Feb 9, 2011, 02:58 PM
Well said, I was trying to think of a way to explain this useless plan, you just did it.
I too have 9500 r/o minutes, a family plan @1400 min/month.

If I drop, I loose the R/O, loose the top ten, and now flirt with overage.

Just another tactical way to spin it to look like they are doing everyone a favor. (those on higher plans** that is)

If most of your calls are to mobile numbers, now you can drop to a 900 minute or 700 minute plan (depending on how many minutes you need for landline calls). Yes you will loose a bunch of rollover minutes, but you won't need them anymore. A-List in your case, requires a plan of 900 minutes or more, so if you want to keep A-List (for landlines) then drop down to 900 minute plan. In addition, you can move all those A-List mobile numbers off of the A-List and make room for more landlines in there.

jclardy
Feb 9, 2011, 03:04 PM
While this is a cool feature, I kind of already have a boatload of rollover minutes.

That and I don't have the unlimited messaging plan.

So essentially this doesn't help me in anyway.

Give me rollover data and I will be happy. That and cheaper unlimited messaging for a single user. I can have a family plan with 5 people and pay $30 for messaging, but on my own I pay $20? Or if those 5 people had separate plans they pay $100 total for unlimited messaging. :rolleyes:

a.jfred
Feb 9, 2011, 03:08 PM
JFred,

seems like you have an older calling plan and presumably no smart phone?? If this is the case, you may qualify. Not so sure it is that low cost with people with smart phones.

Wow ... yeah, lack of sleep. I've had an iPhone for the last few years. Make that:

450 minute plan: $40
Total: $60 ;)

I was leaving out the data plan on purpose, but wasn't clear. So, hey ... I'll end up saving more money than I thought.

Now, the caveat with this: my FAN discount works on the voice & data plan, but NOT on the messaging ... which means I'll likely lose that part of it, BUT I still end up saving money overall, so I think I'm okay with that.

istud
Feb 9, 2011, 03:08 PM
God damn...I can't wait to change my Fam 2100 mins to 700mins since majority of calls are m2am.

applehockey
Feb 9, 2011, 03:17 PM
The requirements for Unlimited Mobile to Any Mobile are the following:

AT&T Nation 450 & 900 or AT&T FamilyTalk Nation 700 & higher.
Unlimited Messaging Plan

See picture below

https://img.skitch.com/20110209-b3xnhj9wnymybim4xdixggschx.png (http://s.applehockey.com/kUX6)

Link to Tweet (http://s.applehockey.com/kUX6)

JRoDDz
Feb 9, 2011, 03:24 PM
While this is a cool feature, I kind of already have a boatload of rollover minutes.

That and I don't have the unlimited messaging plan.

So essentially this doesn't help me in anyway.

If you have a boatload of rollover, that means you are probably in a higher than necessary rate plan. You can drop down to a lower rate plan, and with the savings, then add unlimited texting. Now you'll be eligible for unlimited m2am which will even give you more rollover.

Now you'll probably be paying the same, with the exception of now having unlimited texting and unlimited m2am. (I'm hypothesizing since I don't know how many minutes you really use, and what rate plan you are on now)

The Gary
Feb 9, 2011, 03:25 PM
If you change your plan, you WILL lose any rollover minutes you have accumulated over the past year. Remember too that rollover minutes are only good for a year. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
when you change your plan the roll over minutes go with you if you move up in plans. They carry over to the max if you move down in plans. If you have 1000's of roll over minutes you are paying too much per month all ready.

jent
Feb 9, 2011, 03:31 PM

Unlimited Messaging Plan

See picture below

https://img.skitch.com/20110209-b3xnhj9wnymybim4xdixggschx.png (http://s.applehockey.com/kUX6)

Thanks for the info! Maybe I'm just unaware of all the plans, but aren't those all the plans that didn't already have unlimited minutes?

a.jfred
Feb 9, 2011, 03:35 PM
I'm on the 450 minute plan, and I have 1770 roll over minutes. I've stuck w/the 450 plan, mostly cus almost everyone I call is on AT&T (I switched from Verizon, and saved a boatload, since it's just me on the plan). In the 4 years I've been with AT&T, I've only ever gone into my roll over minutes *twice*. They always end up expiring on me.

Text messaging & the (grandfathered unlimited) data plan are far more valuable to me.

TUD
Feb 9, 2011, 03:54 PM

I am in the same boat, but I have over 11,000+ rollover minutes.

TUD
Feb 9, 2011, 04:02 PM

Unlimited Messaging Plan

See picture below

Hmm... I have the former 1350 a month plan. :confused:

el-John-o
Feb 9, 2011, 04:12 PM
All of this negative AT&T press is fantastic for me :D

I have had AT&T since they were called bellsouth and it was a car phone in a leather bag, attached to an antenna on the back of the family car. I have never had problems. Obviously 'back in the day' it hardly worked anywhere, but especially now it works everywhere, I never drop calls, I can always be reached. In fact, all the way back in 2002 I dropped my landline in favor of a Cingular (now AT&T) cellphone. I had sprint for a while, that was a bad experience, it was only for two years of a contract before I switched back to AT&T.

So, all of this junk just gives me all kinds of cool free stuff like this, when I was perfectly happen to being with LOL.

-John

mpossoff
Feb 9, 2011, 05:07 PM
Probably cause they want to shakedown all the non-unlimited messenger customers with a new tiered messaging structure.

Perhaps, this new feature isn't a bad deal with A-List, etc.

Now if I had only more than 1.5 bars and an iPhone that didn't go toaster hot (not cylon) :D when I try to use it on the first floor of my home.

So when do you think the LTE Microcell(s) will arrive? [off topic]

It would be for me cause I have my google voice number on my a list.

I then have the GV app.

With the GV app I get unltd outbound and inbound calling to any number landline or mobile.

I no longer use my AT&T number but my GV number.

applehockey
Feb 9, 2011, 05:14 PM
Hmm... I have the former 1350 a month plan. :confused:

https://img.skitch.com/20110209-pw8huk5sptqhhkryxtruxwke5b.png (http://twitter.com/#!/ATT/status/35428287962554368)

My guess is that you will be covered and get the Unlimited Mobile to Any Mobile (just as the person above is on his family plan which is no longer offered).

Just wondering, are you paying more or less than the 900 Nation Plan ($59.99) for the 1350 plan which you are grandfathered in to?

Travisimo
Feb 9, 2011, 05:14 PM
I have text messaging blocked on my account, so this would not be a good deal for me. Why would I want to pay $20/mo for text messaging when I can use Google Voice and pay nothing? The unlimited mobile to mobile would be nice, but not when it requires the text messaging plan. For those who DO have the texting plan already, then this is a very nice addition.

jozeppy26
Feb 9, 2011, 05:30 PM
I have text messaging blocked on my account, so this would not be a good deal for me. Why would I want to pay $20/mo for text messaging when I can use Google Voice and pay nothing? The unlimited mobile to mobile would be nice, but not when it requires the text messaging plan. For those who DO have the texting plan already, then this is a very nice addition.

...because Google Voice doesn't support MMS.

TUD
Feb 9, 2011, 05:33 PM
My guess is that you will be covered and get the Unlimited Mobile to Any Mobile (just as the person above is on his family plan which is no longer offered).

Just wondering, are you paying more or less than the 900 Nation Plan ($59.99) for the 1350 plan which you are grandfathered in to?

Thanks!

I just looked. I am paying $20 more than the 900 plan & $10 more than the unlimited plan. :eek: I believe I am going to lower it to the 900 & lose the 11,200 rollover minutes that I will never use. At one time I was using the 1350 a month, but I no longer have a need for it.

dwguertin
Feb 9, 2011, 06:40 PM
I really don"t see that many people leaving AT&T for a Verizon Iphone.

Someone that did not like AT&T (that bad) would have left already. You mean to tell me that some someone would hate their service and still keep the Iphone with AT&T over leaving and getting an Android. Their picking poor phone service and or edge data over 3G in their selection... Wow that would really be saying something about the hate for an android phone!!!

I'm not say that AT&T is bad. I think that both carriers have there pluses and minuses. Just trying to picture why someone would leave and it just does not add up to me.

I would think T-mobile and or Sprint might lose more people.

tigres
Feb 9, 2011, 06:46 PM
If most of your calls are to mobile numbers, now you can drop to a 900 minute or 700 minute plan (depending on how many minutes you need for landline calls). Yes you will loose a bunch of rollover minutes, but you won't need them anymore. A-List in your case, requires a plan of 900 minutes or more, so if you want to keep A-List (for landlines) then drop down to 900 minute plan. In addition, you can move all those A-List mobile numbers off of the A-List and make room for more landlines in there.

So I can have A list AND this feature? What rollover minutes will i keep?

d21mike
Feb 9, 2011, 06:50 PM
I received a call from ATT just yesterday. I have a small business account with 4 phones. My account came up on his list (thought it was nice he called). He said i could get a 5th phone for almost free since I would then qualify for 8% discount with 5 phones. I could also drop down from 1400 min to 700 since I am not even close to 700 min (last 4 months). I said, yeah since A-LIST (10 any phone numbers) I hardly ever call anyone where it cost me minutes. He said, oh yeah that would be a problem because you loose A-LIST if you drop to 700 min. Prior to A-LIST I would normally not go over 700 min. I now have maybe 10,000 rollover min. I will never use all of my minutes even without this. Of course I have the unlimited texting with 4 phones at $30 per month. Also, with the iPhone generally just TEXT and not actually make a call.

ThomasJL
Feb 9, 2011, 06:59 PM
And this is why we wanted competition Mr Jobs. They battle and we all win.

Jobs didn't want that. He wanted the several million dollars in kickbacks that AT&T gave Apple from AT&T's customers' monthly cell phone bills.

ThomasJL
Feb 9, 2011, 07:04 PM
I really don"t see that many people leaving AT&T for a Verizon Iphone.

Someone that did not like AT&T (that bad) would have left already. You mean to tell me that some someone would hate their service and still keep the Iphone with AT&T over leaving and getting an Android. Their picking poor phone service and or edge data over 3G in their selection...

You'd be surprised how many people reluctantly put up with AT&T's abysmal service just so they can have an iPhone.

People like me, who really like the iPhone but consider AT&T unbearable, are using older generation unlocked iPhones on T-Mobile, which, despite any of its faults, is far superior to AT&T.

I'm looking forward to getting my Verizon iPhone. I'm saddened to be leaving T-Mobile (their customer service is excellent, and their pricing and optional services are top-notch), but Verizon offers better reception in my house.

dwguertin
Feb 9, 2011, 07:30 PM
You'd be surprised how many people reluctantly put up with AT&T's abysmal service just so they can have an iPhone.

People like me, who really like the iPhone but consider AT&T unbearable, are using older generation unlocked iPhones on T-Mobile, which, despite any of its faults, is far superior to AT&T.

I'm looking forward to getting my Verizon iPhone. I'm saddened to be leaving T-Mobile (their customer service is excellent, and their pricing and optional services are top-notch), but Verizon offers better reception in my house.

But see you are not leaving AT&T now, you are leaving T-Mobile.

el-John-o
Feb 9, 2011, 10:27 PM
But see you are not leaving AT&T now, you are leaving T-Mobile.

There are a number of att customers who find the service mediocre at best, but are willing to put up with it, verizon may be better. Still others didn't know att would be that bad but where stuck into contracts, and it worked well enough to justify waiting and not paying the termination fee. Furthermore, there are plenty of people who have no problems with att, but media hype and aggressive advertising has convinced them they do have a problem, so they will switch. I'm sticking with ATT, it has worked great for years and years for me.

modnar
Feb 10, 2011, 12:56 AM
The http://www.att.com/anymobile site appears to be live now. However, the FAQ link goes to a "down for maintenance" page, and I don't see the new feature as an option in my account yet (with rate plan Family Talk 700).

rans0m00
Feb 10, 2011, 01:06 AM
Just changed mine over. Ty Verizon iPhone for reducing my monthly minute usage. Wish the competition had come sooner.

Rodimus Prime
Feb 10, 2011, 01:25 AM
so let get this straight AT&T is pretty much going to increase the number of minutes I do not use every month. My family already is on the lowest family plane for 5 lines and still put over 500 Roller in the account for per month. Well currently we lose about that many per month.

Guess the roll over will increase since we will not be using even more minutes.

modnar
Feb 10, 2011, 01:31 AM
The FAQ page is updated.
http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/main.jsp?t=solutionTab&ft=&ps=solutionPanels&locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&solutionId=KB116688

It's only available for Family Talk plans of $69.99+, which appears to be the 1400 mins plan.

It's available for Individual plans of $39.99 and up.

vlj9r
Feb 10, 2011, 05:12 AM
Individual plans for $20 per month, FamilyTalk® for $30 per month (up to 5 lines)

NO THANK YOU!!!!

We want lower prices!

Enough with offering more gimmick features for more $$.

sydia21
Feb 10, 2011, 06:35 AM
I know that this is out of left field but does anybody know if switiching from a 1400 family plan to a 700 family plan but still paying over $100 in monthly charges affect the yearly updgrade for the primary line.

I'm looking to downgrade as I have over 7000 roll over minutes and save $20.00 but I wouldn't be worth it if I lose my yearly upgrade.

b0blndsy
Feb 10, 2011, 06:37 AM
This is great! I just switched back to AT&T from sprint this weekend!!!

Hope more people to follow

jmccray
Feb 10, 2011, 06:38 AM
Individual plans for $20 per month, FamilyTalk® for $30 per month (up to 5 lines)

NO THANK YOU!!!!

We want lower prices!

Enough with offering more gimmick features for more $$.

Um, No. If you actually go through the process it will switch out your $20/month unlimited text with unlimited text and mobile to any mobile. No gimmicks.

MacBacker
Feb 10, 2011, 07:05 AM
I know that this is out of left field but does anybody know if switiching from a 1400 family plan to a 700 family plan but still paying over $100 in monthly charges affect the yearly updgrade for the primary line.

I'm looking to downgrade as I have over 7000 roll over minutes and save $20.00 but I wouldn't be worth it if I lose my yearly upgrade.

You won't lose your upgrade eligibility. I changed mine and my upgrade date is still the same.

scottinky
Feb 10, 2011, 07:20 AM
Sprint is still cheaper for me by about $30 per month. As much as I want an iphone, Ill stick with the cheaper carrier.

mpossoff
Feb 10, 2011, 07:42 AM
Went to the store bumped down our plan from the 1400 min plan to 700 min. Now we have unltd to any mobile, inbound and out bound!

Before I jumped on this I looked at all our device contact list and 90% are mobile numbers.

Doc750
Feb 10, 2011, 07:48 AM
Does this extend our contract?

HDJulie
Feb 10, 2011, 07:55 AM
The FAQ page is updated.
http://www.wireless.att.com/answer-center/main.jsp?t=solutionTab&ft=&ps=solutionPanels&locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&solutionId=KB116688

It's only available for Family Talk plans of $69.99+, which appears to be the 1400 mins plan.

It's available for Individual plans of $39.99 and up.

For the Family plans, $69.99 is the 700 minute plan.

Plan changes don't usually affect your contract. Only subsidized phone changes.

mdhwoods
Feb 10, 2011, 08:02 AM
Ya, switched over this morning. Says for incoming and outgoing so that is pretty good.

nitropowered
Feb 10, 2011, 08:06 AM
Wait, is this a $30 in addition to my $30 unlimited family messaging plan?

My family has a boat load of roll over but we can't go to a lower rate plan (currently have the 700) because it doesn't support 4 phones

An additional $30 would not make anysense for us.

Doc750
ok I just switched the plans .. but I just realized that nights and weekends isn't unlimited anymore. It says 1000.

So I lose the A list, and I loose unlimited nights and weekends?

bmms8
to those who switched online, can you confirm that i would need to select the anymobile option and unselect the unlimited text option, as the anymobile includes both? i wasnt to sure so i decided to cancel

KFujiwara
Feb 10, 2011, 08:14 AM
to those who switched online, can you confirm that i would need to select the anymobile option and unselect the unlimited text option, as the anymobile includes both? i wasnt to sure so i decided to cancel
I switched as soon as the website went live. Yes, you remove the original messaging option and select the Messaging with Any Mobile.

deannnnn
Feb 10, 2011, 08:14 AM
Wait, people still talk on the phone?

tdnate1
Feb 10, 2011, 08:15 AM
I still need to call LAN lines for work and A-list for FamilyTalk is now available on the Nation 700 plan. I switched today by calling ATT but online they are not letting it go through yet. They said this will work online soon, but calling 611 they are setting it up today for me. Went from $89.99 to $69.99, saving $20 per month and keeping my A-list!

Doc750
Feb 10, 2011, 08:21 AM
ok this is weird, I just went through change the rate plan set up again .. and now the price is $154/month instead of $170, and nights/weekends is unlimited.

I know I must have screwed something up here. :confused:

bmms8
Feb 10, 2011, 08:22 AM
I switched as soon as the website went live. Yes, you remove the original messaging option and select the Messaging with Any Mobile.

Great, thanks for the help. i will switch over today!

I still need to call LAN lines for work and A-list for FamilyTalk is now available on the Nation 700 plan. I switched today by calling ATT but online they are not letting it go through yet. They said this will work online soon, but calling 611 they are setting it up today for me. Went from $89.99 to $69.99, saving $20 per month and keeping my A-list!

I also need to keep A-list for the same reason. i might also make the switch from 1400 to 700 if i can get unlimited M2M and A-list.

bmms8
Feb 10, 2011, 08:22 AM
ok this is weird, I just went through change the rate plan set up again .. and now the price is $154/month instead of $170, and nights/weekends is unlimited.

I know I must have screwed something up here. :confused:

i will be calling 611 to make all and any changes. give them a call to see what changes were made. gl.

mpossoff
Feb 10, 2011, 08:25 AM

I just got this feature today at the store. Qualifications for family plan is 700 min and unltd text.

mpossoff
Feb 10, 2011, 08:26 AM

No

Doc750
Feb 10, 2011, 08:27 AM

I also need to keep A-list for the same reason. i might also make the switch from 1400 to 700 if i can get unlimited M2M and A-list.

you lose the A list when u switch down to the 700 min plan

mpossoff
Feb 10, 2011, 08:27 AM

How are you keeping your a list from the 1400 to 700?

mpossoff
Feb 10, 2011, 08:30 AM

One disadvantage I think is if you are not on the 89.99 plan the primary line isn't eligible for yearly upgrade?

tdnate1
Feb 10, 2011, 08:31 AM
As my previous noted, call ATT to make the change until they fix the website process...go to your online account and you'll see the + delineation beside A-List Nation 700 as my attachment shows as of today.

Doc750
Feb 10, 2011, 08:45 AM
Awesome just called 611 and confirmed

2 Iphone lines 700 min/month
unlimited data
unlimited txt
unlimitied mob-2-mob
unlimited nights/weekends

all for $154/month.
(includes 10% FAN discount)

I save $432/year from my current plan.

I did lose about 11000 roll over minutes. But whatever, I don't use them and I'd rather pay a smaller bill each month.

mpossoff
Feb 10, 2011, 08:47 AM
As my previous noted, call ATT to make the change until they fix the website process...go to your online account and you'll see the + delineation beside A-List Nation 700 as my attachment shows as of today.

Says feature removed from account?

JRoDDz
Feb 10, 2011, 09:05 AM
So I can have A list AND this feature? What rollover minutes will i keep?

Not sure about the A-List.

mpossoff
Feb 10, 2011, 09:09 AM

Called there is no such thing as 700 nation a list. What plan are you referring too, individual or family plan? We have family plan.

JRoDDz
Feb 10, 2011, 09:16 AM

I checked online, and it says you need FamilyTalk 1400 – 2100 plans for A-List. Guess it's not updated yet?

mpossoff
Feb 10, 2011, 09:22 AM
I checked online, and it says you need FamilyTalk 1400 – 2100 plans for A-List. Guess it's not updated yet?

Called again. I did this change in the store. Rep said when you go from 1400 min to 700 min system will automatically disable a list.

xplnusa
Feb 10, 2011, 09:59 AM
I changed mine online. Didn't affect my costs at all. I had the unlimited texting plan already and the 700Min family plan. So I just got an extra perk for free.. :D

tdnate1
Feb 10, 2011, 10:00 AM
Yes, even when calling the person had to get an ATT manager to setup 700 Nation FamilyTalk A-List when I called 611. They rep said she lost A-list too on her console but the manager fixed it so it will setup in 24 hours... and said the online website will be fixed soon. This is the website process to see this new option - login to your ATT phone account, click "change rate plan", and then you'll see the "+" for the 700 Nation FamilyTalk plan. This just happened today.

HDJulie
Feb 10, 2011, 10:10 AM
I logged in & my current Family Talk 700 plan does not have the +, when I click change plan, no 700 minute plan shows as an option because I already have the 700 minute plan, & when I click on A-List it says I have no A-List. The FAQ for the A-List still says 1400 is the minimum for the Family plan. I'll keep an eye out, though, because it is certainly possible that if they made this change today, they haven't yet updated the site.

spacepower7
Feb 10, 2011, 10:27 AM
As a possible new ATT iPhone customer, now there are only two choices for text plans......

Unlimited or None, how's that for an upsell

rnizlek
Feb 10, 2011, 10:36 AM
As a possible new ATT iPhone customer, now there are only two choices for text plans......

Unlimited or None, how's that for an upsell

There's also $10 for 1000 messages.

nitropowered
Feb 10, 2011, 10:53 AM
am i missing something? Its not showing up for me.

Doc750
Feb 10, 2011, 10:57 AM
am i missing something? Its not showing up for me.

log out and log back in. See if that works, also make sure your making changes on the primary line, not a secondary one. (if you have one)

b-rad g
Feb 10, 2011, 11:37 AM
I'm still on an older Family 850 plan for $50.99 and it's not showing up. Is it because you have to be on a current 700+ Family Plan? If so, I don't think it would do me any good as the 700 plan cost more than the 850 I'm on now.

ac921ol
Feb 10, 2011, 11:47 AM
hmm, whats ATT doing then. About to walk to the store with my bill and see what magic they can do for me.

manueld
Feb 10, 2011, 11:56 AM
UGH. Been getting this damn error for the past couple of hours:

F932: We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are conducting maintenance which prevents us from updating your account information. Please retry your transaction again in one hour.

rnizlek
Feb 10, 2011, 12:04 PM
UGH. Been getting this damn error for the past couple of hours:

F932: We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are conducting maintenance which prevents us from updating your account information. Please retry your transaction again in one hour.

I was having the same issue. I finally called AT&T, after 20 minutes of trying to add the feature to my account the rep told me he'd call me back after looking into it some more. About 15 minutes later he called back and said it still wasn't working and that he and others would need to do some extended research into the matter and that he would call me back when they were done. That was several hours ago.

I have the 450 minute plan for $39.99 and the 2 GB Data Pro with 1000 messages at the moment. I also get a FAN discount, but I doubt that would be screwing things up.

d4rk
Feb 10, 2011, 12:12 PM
I just switched. It was pretty easy. I just made sure to read all the fine print. I was super worried about extending my contract/losing unlimited data. Checked my data usage while I was there and I'm so glad I'm grandfathered in!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/493625/Do%20Not%20Delete/Data%20Usage.png

Reefbone
Feb 10, 2011, 12:50 PM
I have the 450 minute plan for $29.99. Kinda worried I won't be able to do this. I see mention of people on the same plan for $39.99 and that price point being one of the qualifiers.

UPDATE: Spoke to ATT: If I add the unlimited M2M then I lose my Corporate discount... I'm kinda torn as I have been steadily blowing through my rollovers minute this past year. I started with close to 2000 minutes of rollover and am down to only 50mins left. I would have to spend $15 more per month to the the feature but @.45/min over 450 it could get ugly quick. Torn...

a.jfred
Feb 10, 2011, 12:57 PM
I was having the same issue. I finally called AT&T, after 20 minutes of trying to add the feature to my account the rep told me he'd call me back after looking into it some more. About 15 minutes later he called back and said it still wasn't working and that he and others would need to do some extended research into the matter and that he would call me back when they were done. That was several hours ago.

I have the 450 minute plan for $39.99 and the 2 GB Data Pro with 1000 messages at the moment. I also get a FAN discount, but I doubt that would be screwing things up.

I have the same minute plan, with the unlimited data plan, and a FAN - I had no trouble switching the messaging option over this morning.

bb0ys
Feb 10, 2011, 01:01 PM
It looks like AT&T automatically applied the Unlimited Mobile to Any Mobile feature on my account. I've always had the 450 minute plan, unlimited texting, and unlimited data ($89.99 not including my corp. discount). I logged in and the Features page displayed Unlimited texting with no mention of Unlimited Mobile to Any Mobile. Then I went to the calling plan page and it appears to have already been added.

iMrNiceGuy0023
Feb 10, 2011, 01:48 PM
cant seem to login now to change it

keeps getting errors and maintenance

rnizlek
Feb 10, 2011, 02:18 PM
I have the same minute plan, with the unlimited data plan, and a FAN - I had no trouble switching the messaging option over this morning.

Yeah, they still haven't gotten back to me. No idea what could be so hard about applying this to my account. I'll call them back in about a hour if I don't hear anything.

chisoxbull
Feb 10, 2011, 03:47 PM
Does AT&T now give A-list with the 700 minute Nation Family Talk plan? The website has a plus next to it indicating it does?

Does anyone know for sure?

modnar
Feb 10, 2011, 03:50 PM
It looks like AT&T automatically applied the Unlimited Mobile to Any Mobile feature on my account. I've always had the 450 minute plan, unlimited texting, and unlimited data ($89.99 not including my corp. discount). I logged in and the Features page displayed Unlimited texting with no mention of Unlimited Mobile to Any Mobile. Then I went to the calling plan page and it appears to have already been added.
Nothing in that screenshot indicates that the Any Mobile plan has been added. You should see it as an option on the Features page. You'll have to have an unlimited texting plan, though.

rstansby
Feb 10, 2011, 07:01 PM

I'm on the family 550, and it is cheaper to just keep it that way. We don't use up all of our minutes usually.

Of course I may start using more minutes if any iPhone friends defect to Verizon.

rstansby
Feb 10, 2011, 07:05 PM
Checked my data usage while I was there and I'm so glad I'm grandfathered in!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/493625/Do%20Not%20Delete/Data%20Usage.png

Holy Torrent Batman, that is a lot of data.

nitropowered
Feb 10, 2011, 07:15 PM
I called up CS (to talk about an unauthorized charge) and then the CS rep let me know of the Unlimited M2M plan. Switched it and it was rather painless.

If the website isn't working for you (like me), just call them up and they will do it quickly

musicman0725
Feb 10, 2011, 08:56 PM
Does AT&T now give A-list with the 700 minute Nation Family Talk plan? The website has a plus next to it indicating it does?

Does anyone know for sure?

I'm curious about this as well. Has anyone with the 700 minute Family Talk successfully gotten the A-List feature? If so, was it online or did you have to call?

NWI73
Feb 11, 2011, 06:33 AM
Can anybody tell me for sure if I will lose all my rollover minutes if I make the change online? I have 5 lines on a family plan and I know that I have to make the change on all 5 lines manually which I am ok with. Can somebody verify for me that nothing will change on my account such as losing rollover mins, losing corporate FAN discount, losing anything else? I simply want to change Unlimited family text to unlimited family text plus unlimited any M2M. Whenever I do an online chat with a rep or call, they always tell me I need to 'update' my plan or something (I am on a family talk 1400 plan). I don't see a reason for this but they always tell me when I 'update', i'll lose all my rollover mins so I have not 'updated'....obviously and no ill effects as of yet.

HPLouis
Feb 11, 2011, 07:36 AM
Can anybody tell me for sure if I will lose all my rollover minutes if I make the change online? I have 5 lines on a family plan and I know that I have to make the change on all 5 lines manually which I am ok with. Can somebody verify for me that nothing will change on my account such as losing rollover mins, losing corporate FAN discount, losing anything else? I simply want to change Unlimited family text to unlimited family text plus unlimited any M2M. Whenever I do an online chat with a rep or call, they always tell me I need to 'update' my plan or something (I am on a family talk 1400 plan). I don't see a reason for this but they always tell me when I 'update', i'll lose all my rollover mins so I have not 'updated'....obviously and no ill effects as of yet.

I did the same thing you did. I went from a 1400 minute plan to a 700 minute plan. I had 11,383 rollover minutes. I spoke to the rep and asked her very politely if she can help me out. She said that I will only have 700 rollover minutes after dropping my plan down. I asked again, and this time I practically begged her for help. She said that reps are authorized to give up to 5,000 rollover minutes for a customer in good standing.

She then gave me 5,000 minutes and I was happy with that.

Henry

HDJulie
Feb 11, 2011, 08:28 AM

You make the change only on the main phone line -- not on each line. You should not lose your FAN. When you go online, you'll go to change your rate plan & it will have your current plan listed (1400 plus unlimited texting) & will show another plan (1400 plus unlimited texting plus mobile to any mobile). Deselect the current & select the new. You can back date it or make it effective today. Since the price is the same there will be no change to your monthly bill.

OneMike
Feb 11, 2011, 08:33 AM
I changed my plan just now. I had the 900 min plan with a-list + unlimited text + unlimited data.

I downgraded to 450 mins + unlimited text and m2m + unlimited data.

90% of my calls are to other mobile numbers so this works out perfect for me.

I'll end up losing a ton of rollover minutes that I would never had used anyway. Too bad you can't donate them or something.

NWI73
Feb 11, 2011, 08:33 AM
That's not true - the change is not made in the rate plan section of the website. It's in the "manage features" section.

NWI73
Feb 11, 2011, 08:34 AM
I changed my plan just now. I had the 900 min plan with a-list + unlimited text + unlimited data.

I downgraded to 450 mins + unlimited text and m2m + unlimited data.

90% of my calls are to other mobile numbers so this works out perfect for me.

I'll end up losing a ton of rollover minutes that I would never had used anyway. Too bad you can't donate them or something.

How do you know you will lose the rollover mins? Does it state this?

Doc750
Feb 11, 2011, 09:18 AM

yes ...

Ajones330
Feb 11, 2011, 09:33 AM

This will not make you forfeit any rollover minutes. This is used like a data plan... You should have no change to your bill as far as price unless you drop your plan. It requires you to have unlimited text on individual or family rate plans. Same price you paid before as well as unlimited calling/messaging to any mobile...

blevins321
Feb 11, 2011, 09:47 AM

Just one note - it's available for the 700-minute plan too. Odd quirk (about all providers, not just AT&T) is that they advertise family plans for 2 lines but in all their billing systems it's billed at one line + one additional line. So in their system the 700-minute plan is $59 plus one additional $10 line to make their advertised $69.

3 friends plus myself share a family plan..3 iPhones and 1 Messaging Phone. Just saw this pop up in the account manager when I went to pay my bill. We have the 700-minute family plan with the $30 unlimited texting already. The 4th that we added 3 weeks ago calls alot more than the rest of us do; but mostly to mobiles. This new 'free' addition to the plans is excellent, and will allow our shared 700 minutes to be plenty.

For people saying the $30 (for family plans) is a lot, split the cost among 4 people and it's only $7.50 per person. Cheaper than even prepaid phones. Split it among 5 (might be adding a 5th friend in a couple weeks) and it's only $6. Good deal considering on our last bill (3 of us) we used 6700 texts and 104 picture messages total, so the free mobile calling is wonderful addition.

chris975d
Feb 11, 2011, 09:51 AM
This will not make you forfeit any rollover minutes. This is used like a data plan... You should have no change to your bill as far as price unless you drop your plan. It requires you to have unlimited text on individual or family rate plans. Same price you paid before as well as unlimited calling/messaging to any mobile...

Last time I did any rate plan change, the info you gave is correct. You only lose your accumulated rollover minutes if you change your voice plan down in monthly minutes (i.e., going from a Nation 700 plan down to a 450 minute plan). They have it this way so that people can't pay for a couple of months of a high minute plan and not use the minutes, roll them over (bank them), then downgrade to a much lower minute plan for the remainder of the year and live off of the rollover minutes they banked when on the higher limit plan. My understanding is that when you change voice plans, but the monthly minute allowances are the same (ex. a 450 plan to this new 450 plan, or 700 to 700), you shouldn't lose accumulated rollover minutes.

flgator85
Feb 11, 2011, 10:42 AM
I currently have 850 family plan with unlimited family texting. I tried to sign up with a CS rep, but I was told that my 850 min family was not eligible. I guess that I will keep the extra 150 min rather than drop to the 700 min family plan. Has others with 850 family plan been able to add this new messaging plan?

OneMike
Feb 11, 2011, 11:10 AM

I'm changing my voice plan as well so yes it states that you can't bring over minutes in excess of what the new plans minutes are. So I'll transfer 450 and lose the rest.

If just changing your messaging package then no that won't effect your minutes.

wjlee91
Feb 11, 2011, 01:19 PM
Oh really..... 550 family plan works fine lol.

NWI73
Feb 11, 2011, 01:42 PM
I simply want to keep my voice plan the same and choose the new M2M. The M2M feature shows up under our family unlimited messaging thus I was assuming and hoping the voice plan rollover mins would remain unchanged.

jozeppy26
Feb 11, 2011, 03:09 PM
I simply want to keep my voice plan the same and choose the new M2M. The M2M feature shows up under our family unlimited messaging thus I was assuming and hoping the voice plan rollover mins would remain unchanged.

I didn't lose any of my roll-over minutes. I have ~1200 and am on the 450 individual plan.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/Jozeppy26/att-1.png
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/Jozeppy26/att2.png

JRoDDz
Feb 11, 2011, 07:49 PM
I didn't lose any of my roll-over minutes. I have ~1200 and am on the 450 individual plan.

They will fix it on the next bill. You'll only have 450 rollover minutes. The same thing happened to me.

antman2295
Feb 11, 2011, 09:00 PM
First i would like to say, The family messaging plan does qualify for the needed "messaging plan". Second i have found this to be a great money saver, we were on a 1400 min plan, and were able to drop to the 700 min plan, and still get the same features, but save $20 a month :) Also if you have A list on your 1400 + plan you don't need it because this does cover everyone :). Just thought id share my information, have fun with your new savings!

jag72
Feb 12, 2011, 10:10 AM
UPDATE: Spoke to ATT: If I add the unlimited M2M then I lose my Corporate discount...

This does not sound right. I do not see any reason that you would lose your corporate discount for changing to a new feature. You may not get a discount on that feature but you regular rate plan should still receive the discount.

JRoDDz
Feb 12, 2011, 05:37 PM
This does not sound right. I do not see any reason that you would lose your corporate discount for changing to a new feature. You may not get a discount on that feature but you regular rate plan should still receive the discount.

Agreed. This doesn't sound correct. I have a corporate discount and added the feature. I still have the discount.

wolfenkraft
Feb 15, 2011, 10:35 AM
Apparently my family plan is too small to qualify. My wife and I combined are $160/month, but we're on the lowest voice plan for families. Gotta step up one more level before we qualify but we don't use our minutes as is.

Pretty lame promo.

diamond.g
Feb 15, 2011, 01:22 PM
Apparently my family plan is too small to qualify. My wife and I combined are $160/month, but we're on the lowest voice plan for families. Gotta step up one more level before we qualify but we don't use our minutes as is.

Pretty lame promo.

The lowest voice plan currently offered is the 700 Minute plan. Which should qualify.

Billcat56
Feb 15, 2011, 01:35 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8C148)

Will AT&T ever go 4G for the iPhone 4

unlimitedx
Feb 17, 2011, 12:06 AM
Oh really..... 550 family plan works fine lol.

i dont get the option on the 550 min plan

appleapplefan
Feb 17, 2011, 01:45 AM
i dont get the option on the 550 min plan
iPhone is burning when using, see this news: (http://www.getgek.com/iphone-mobile-phone/iphone-is-burning-by-itself-you-scare.html). I am sure all iphone users will be scared from this moment on! :mad:

dnbfiend2600
Feb 19, 2011, 05:16 AM
I can let you know what we can do....

The unlimited mobile to any mobile does not work under normal circumstances with the 550 minute family plan. Our Customer Retention Team may be able to add it on there, but a normal Customer Service Rep cannot.

Also, the deal with Rollover minutes being lost during rate plan changes happens on both upgrading and downgrading minutes. If you have 1000 Rollover and goto, say, a 700 minute plan....the billing system automatically keeps 700 of your Rollover. If you have 2000 Rollover and upgrade to, lets say, a 1400 minute plan...the billing system keeps 1400 of the minutes. That being said, when you guys changes your plans and see no loss of minutes....and think Im yanking cranks, its because we can credit back up to 4000 Rollover for each call, as well as a $250 dollar credit if we see fit, for each call.

Everyone Ive talked to with a family plan since the new Mobile calling feature came out has been a downgrade. 1400 minutes, unlimited SMS and M2M, with the ALIST feature (10 Landlines)....pretty much the way all accounts are gonna be if you ask me.

Hope this helps, Im sure it may have all been covered earlier, but its 5AM, Im tired and I didnt wanna read. If there are any questions...lemmie know, Ill do my best to answer them.

ment
Mar 1, 2011, 02:09 AM

:confused::confused::confused:

Reefbone
Mar 1, 2011, 01:34 PM
Agreed. This doesn't sound correct. I have a corporate discount and added the feature. I still have the discount.

When this initially was announced and after holding for a long time while the rep checked, ATT told me verbally that the dicounted $29.95/450 min plan would go to regular $39.95 regular price if I wanted the unlimited mobile to mobile with unlimited texting but it in fact wasn't the case. I was able to do it online. The first day or so of the promotion the site was giving me an error whenI tried to make the change but I was able to do it on day 2 or 3. I verified earlier today that my discount rate was still in tact and I had the unLim Mob to Mob.

iamartimus
Mar 4, 2011, 01:50 PM
I switched to the unlimited mobile to mobile and cut down from 1400 shared to 700 shared. I just got my bill and I saved over $30! Aurite, I'm happy!!!:D

Australianglazi
Apr 3, 2011, 10:45 PM
This is a great offer. But how about unlimited calls to any states in the US? I think it would be very good for a subscriber who wants to call anywhere in the US. thanks.

pdjudd
Apr 4, 2011, 07:52 AM
This is a great offer. But how about unlimited calls to any states in the US? I think it would be very good for a subscriber who wants to call anywhere in the US. thanks.
AT&T's cellular plans are already nationwide. Unless of course you want unlimited international plans which I don't think are ever going to happen.